“Used to be great. Now service really suffers.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Briars Spa

The Briars Spa
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Used to be great. Now service really suffers.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was a regular customer at the Briars Spa but my most recent visit indicate that things have declined significantly. I will no longer return to this spa until they return to the service level that is more in line with their price point:

Rude customer service staff
Complete lack of interest in my experience or enjoyment at the spa
Ridiculous policies
I found expired product for sale on their shelves, and when I notified the spa manager (Dayni), she looked surprised and then put it back on the shelf.
Paintings and spa signs sitting crooked on the walls of the spa (a sign that general maintenance and cleanliness is starting to suffer - unacceptable when they charge premium rates)

From what I can see, there has been huge front office staff turnover at the spa. I'm not sure if it is their new policies that caused the turnover or if the turnover caused the decline in service. Either way, the spa experience lacks completely now and they haven't adjusted their price points to reflect the lesser service. Strongly recommend that you spend your money elsewhere until they sort this out.

I need to stress that the issue is with the spa's front office staff, not the spa technicians. Tragic since the service providers themselves are great. They too notice the decline and seem to be suffering from it.

The resort itself is screaming for new carpet, new furniture and a coat of paint. They haven't changed anything over in years.

3 Thank EnragedCoconut1
BriarsResort, Manager at The Briars Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We are sorry to hear of your disappointment in your spa experience, and thank
You for taking the time to speak with me while here.

Our discussion during your visit was very helpful. We have implemented
changes to our procedures to ensure the booking of a spa visit is more informative.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you again regarding your day, after
our conversation we did strive to make the rest of your day a pleasant one, and would like to know what more we could do to improve the experience. Thank you for your comments, I hope we have the opportunity to speak soon.

Bob Law