“Fantastic Place ... Fantastic Service”

The Briars Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jackson's Point
Reviewed May 4, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this fabulous place for 3 nights and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. They have done a great job to make us feel so welcome; we felt we were being invited into someone's home rather than staying in a big impersonal resort. Their staff, especially the reservation staff, had gone out of their way to make our stay a memorable one. The food in their beautiful restaurant is plentiful and, more importantly, of top quality. The room is spacious and elegant. We highly recommend this place and will definitely be back there soon.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 27, 2010

I've been organizing and going to the Briars with a group of girlfriends annually for 9 years now, and we love it. Most of the staff have come to "know us" and it's like a home away from home for us.

We enjoy having a large cottage to ourselves, where we don't have to worry about being loud. We love the food and look forward to every meal. We always indulge in the many wonderful spa treatments, and the many other activities offered.

I've also gone with my boyfriend before, and other times just a few friends. I always have a wonderful time and come home feeling like I've been gone a lot longer then I have because I'm so refreshed and relaxed. I highly recommend.
Angie

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We are a group of 10 to 14 ladies (all friends in our "early" 60's )and we've been going to The Briar's every April for 8 years now. We LUV IT!!! Arrive Friday ... big greeting hub bub in the lobby .. as several only see each other this one time of the year. Get into our cottage "First Tee" ...and it starts and continues right through til noon on Sunday.!!
We have all our meals (breakfasts/dinners) in the Main Lodge. The dinners are FIRST CLASS .. and DELICIOUS ... we have a complete choice of appetizer/entree/dessert from their regular dinner menu ... can't say enough about the quality and the presentation!! Kudos to the Chef and Kitchen Staff!! Our accommodations are WONDERFUL!!
We have a 7 bedroom cottage on the water 's edge (complete with a bathroom in each room). Huge living room .. with french doors opening onto the lake - beautiful view!!! Small fully equipped kitchenette .. complete with coolers filled with ice by the staff .. our organizer, Kae Ferraro of their office has thought of everything for our enjoyment!! Saturday nights after dinner .. the disc jockey begins and we are all up on the dance flloor like "Dancin' Queens" .. along with other groups that are there for the weekend .. it's a blast from the past!! Some of the gals book Spa treatments for Saturday a few months in advance .. because they get busy) ... and it's a perfect place to relax, relieve stress and veg out!! We would not change the place or venue to go anywhere else ... it's considered "Our Place" .. "Our Friends" .. as long as we are vertical and mobile .. we'll be there!! Thanx Briar's Staff !!!

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed April 23, 2010

My wife and I found The Briars as a place to visit when we first came to Canada to visit our daughter and her family back in 1981- and we came back many years after that before my wife passed away and I am still visiting every year if I can. I took up golf in my 70s and love to play at their golf course along with being able to relax just about anywhere without feeling as we are crowded. I (and my wife before this) have always been treated extremely well and we enjoyed many wonderful meals, dances and relaxation by either pool. The food is exceptional and now that I am slightly disabled I am given so much help to accommodate my needs.Thank you for giving me so many wonderful holidays. Derrick Lang

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our stay at the Briars once again. We have always enjoyed the 'family' owned Inn and have been back many times. The staff are always so friendly and helpful and have always made our stay even more enjoyable. Our family have always enjoyed coming over the years and they now plan to come back with their own families. We have had many friends visit us during our stays and they have always enjoyed the wonderful food, the great surroundings and activites and we have always been able to welcome them as we would in our own home. The Sibbalds are are a wonderful family and have made this place a piece of 'heaven'.
Roger Charlesworth

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2010

We have been going to the Briars for 29 years and have never had one problem. The staff are so accommodating, the food is excellent and the rooms are extremely comfortable. Will always recommend The Briars to our friends as THE PLACE to go for a relaxing getaway.
Sally Charlesworth

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2010

If anyone is interested in a lovely and relaxing weekend away and you live in the GTA - Greater Toronto Area - or parts there of, I would highly recommend a visit to The Briars. For the past several years now, myself and a group of friends have booked our yearly girls weekend away at the Briars. We find it to be a very peaceful place in a lovely setting as it is situated on Lake Simcoe. There is the original manor house that you can stay at but what us girls like best is that there are several private cottages as well. We each have our own bedroom with a 4 piece bath, a large living room to gossip in and to get caught up with each other, while lounging in our PJ's if we wish, a small kitchen with fridge and our own private deck looking out on to the lake. I usually book some spa treatments for the Saturday afternoon, most times a massage and a facial which I love to treat myself to. I find the food to be very good and on Saturday nights there is a dance with a disk jockey who doesn't mind playing our requests, even if some are for disco. So if anyone wants a little weekend escape with some private time for family and or friends I would recommended trying The Briars.
Helen in Oakville

#3 of 4 in Newmarket
Castleview Inn
Castleview Inn
#1 of 2 in Oro Station

Been to The Briars Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!