We had a great weekend away with the girls. The 3 meals a day were fantastic and well worth the price. The cottage where we stayed was picteresque and the beds were comfortable and clean. It was a bit older and a bit rustic but well kept. The fireplace really added to the warmth of the cottage. It was a cottage with a hotel feel. There were seperate rooms (with locks) and ensuites which allowed us all to have our personal space but be in the same building.
The staff were both helpful and courteous and they couldn't do enough for us. The owner of the resort stopped to talk to us (not knowing he was the owner at first) and was very friendly and down to earth. One evening after dinner, the regular chauffeaur was busy with other guests, therefore the hotel manager chauffeured us to our cottage so that we didn't have to wait. They really went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of.
We will be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An easy hour drive from Toronto, this beautiful all-season resort nestled on the southern shores of Lake Simcoe. Lakeside cottages and guest rooms offer relaxation amidst 200 acres of lush lawns, gardens, and towering trees. This unique property offers a championship golf course, full-service spa and excellent recreational programming. Enjoy traditional and contemporary favourites in our dining room and Drinkwaters Lounge where dishes are skillfully prepared for any palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Briars Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Briars Hotel Jackson`s Point
- Briars Jacksons Point
- Briars Hotel Jacksons Point
- The Briars Resort & Spa Ontario, Canada