Thirteen tennis buddies decided to have a tennis weekend getaway at this resort. We took over the Mayfair Lodge, which has 10 rooms and a large common living area. Two of us stayed at the main lodge. There were so many things to do at Briars that we spent hardly any time in our rooms. We held a tennis tournament, went on a boat cruise, and drank and laughed around the firepit, which Dan the Man set up for us every evening. Some of us went kayaking up the Black river, some of us used the spa, and some of us took a dip in the indoor pool....
We had inclusive meals and the food was outstanding. We did find the three meals a bit much. The tennis buddies had so much fun that we decided to make this an annual event!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An easy hour drive from Toronto, this beautiful all-season resort nestled on the southern shores of Lake Simcoe. Lakeside cottages and guest rooms offer relaxation amidst 200 acres of lush lawns, gardens, and towering trees. This unique property offers a championship golf course, full-service spa and excellent recreational programming. Enjoy traditional and contemporary favourites in our dining room and Drinkwaters Lounge where dishes are skillfully prepared for any palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your The Briars Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Briars Hotel Jackson`s Point
- Briars Jacksons Point
- Briars Hotel Jacksons Point
- The Briars Resort & Spa Ontario, Canada