My husband and I went to the Briars in Jackson Point, Ontario for our anniversary. What a lovely place. Although old, circa early 1900's, it is rich in local history still managed by the original family. We were taken on a walking tour of their huge property and reminisced about the times of his family from many generations ago with a greatgrandson of the original family. The hotel is old, but lovely and cozy with a fireplace in each room, a swimming pool, tennis and golf course right on the property, also library and lounge. The food was wonderful and the service impeccable. Old world seating - same table for every meal, getting to know our table mates next to us. The rooms were very clean and sanitized. We both went to their first class spa for a couples massage, what a treat. We had a wonderful time. The balconies were a little rustic however there was fresh paint on the railings, dry, but new paint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An easy hour drive from Toronto, this beautiful all-season resort nestled on the southern shores of Lake Simcoe. Lakeside cottages and guest rooms offer relaxation amidst 200 acres of lush lawns, gardens, and towering trees. This unique property offers a championship golf course, full-service spa and excellent recreational programming. Enjoy traditional and contemporary favourites in our dining room and Drinkwaters Lounge where dishes are skillfully prepared for any palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your The Briars Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Briars Hotel Jackson`s Point
- Briars Jacksons Point
- Briars Hotel Jacksons Point
- The Briars Resort & Spa Ontario, Canada