I stayed overnight at the Inn and was completely appalled by the lack of cleanliness. There appeared to be layers of dirt on every surface (desk, bathroom counter, nightstand, tub) as well as stains on the walls, bedspread and shower curtain. I also found a dead insect on the desk next to the bed which could have possibly been a bed bug. The lamp was broken and the furniture was very dated (couch from the 1970s). The ceiling was covered in webs and insects.
I was surprised by the amount of filth as I was expecting a much nicer hotel room based on the high cost.
I would advise you stay elsewhere and not jeopardize your hygiene or risk a possible bed bug infestation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An easy hour drive from Toronto, this beautiful all-season resort nestled on the southern shores of Lake Simcoe. Lakeside cottages and guest rooms offer relaxation amidst 200 acres of lush lawns, gardens, and towering trees. This unique property offers a championship golf course, full-service spa and excellent recreational programming. Enjoy traditional and contemporary favourites in our dining room and Drinkwaters Lounge where dishes are skillfully prepared for any palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Briars Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Briars Hotel Jackson`s Point
- Briars Jacksons Point
- Briars Hotel Jacksons Point
- The Briars Resort & Spa Ontario, Canada