What a lovely resort! We came for a 70th birthday celebration with 12 adults and 8 children and everything was perfect. I can't tell you how great the food was, but it was second only to the cheerful, helpful staff.
We were in the more distant cottages (beautiful lake views, fantastic fireplace), and therefore used the complementary shuttle service (the weather was awful!) many times. It was always on time, and made wine with dinner possible. The fitness room was fine, and the hot-tub afterwards exquisite.
My only remark is the complete lack of handicapped parking spots. Having recently undergone surgery it would have been nice to have marked spots for parking. Apparently the manager knows about this but won't/hasn't done anything,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An easy hour drive from Toronto, this beautiful all-season resort nestled on the southern shores of Lake Simcoe. Lakeside cottages and guest rooms offer relaxation amidst 200 acres of lush lawns, gardens, and towering trees. This unique property offers a championship golf course, full-service spa and excellent recreational programming. Enjoy traditional and contemporary favourites in our dining room and Drinkwaters Lounge where dishes are skillfully prepared for any palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your The Briars Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Briars Hotel Jackson`s Point
- Briars Jacksons Point
- Briars Hotel Jacksons Point
- The Briars Resort & Spa Ontario, Canada