“Yummy reds”

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Yummy reds”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

By the time we reached Cave Springs' tasting room we had visited a few other wineries in the area, so I was almost "wined out." Tastings here are $1 each, and I took a chance on the Pinot Noir Dolemite. Bought two bottles on the spot. While having lunch (in the adjoining restaurant) I fell in love with the Cabernet Franc Dolomite and went back to the tasting room for a bottle "to go." An attentive staff member saw me looking around, and brought a bottle out from the back room for me - this wine is not yet released, but you can get it for the asking. I'll have to find an excuse to go back to Ontario for more.

Visited September 2012

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Wine”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was never a red wine drinker until I was introduced to Cave Spring Pinot Noir Dolemite, delish! The 2009 Gamay is also fantastic - so much so that we bought a case!

Visited June 2012
Kitchener, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Something Different”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The wines offered here really give you something a little different. They push the envelope with their Dolomite series. I was surprised and left with two cases. They could do to train their staff a little more diligently in the wines themselves. A plus here is location. Jordan Station is a little jewel that offers some special little gems in terms of shoppingl, lodging, eating, and the wine.

Visited March 2012
Chilliwack, Canada
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Great Staff Good Wines”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The woman at the tasting bar was knowledgeable and friendly. She gave us some wonderful insight and made the experience a very good one.

Visited August 2012
St. Caharines
“Wine tasting”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

They seemed hesitant to serve us any samples. Reisling was the best of the whites. Nice range of Reislings and character.

Visited May 2012