“Little Girls 4th Birthday Party”
Review of The Crown and Crumpet - CLOSED

The Crown and Crumpet
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: HWY 8
Description: The Crown and Crumpet Tearoom is a British Tea room with bed and breakfast rooms in the heart of wine country situated in the lovely village of Jordan. The food is prepared by your host Lorraine and is baked fresh daily and sometimes scones are baked up to 3 times a day on busy days. Serving Lunches such as deep dish quiche made in house or hot Paninis and wraps daily and the house specialty is High Tea served all day on three tiered platters filled with yummy sandwiches, our famous scones with home made preserves and Devon cream and topped off with Yummy cake bites. We now offer an outdoor deck as well as a Downton Abbey Theme parlour where we host Downton Abbey Afternoon Teas as you relish the history of Highclere Castle and its aristocracy who lived there. The Crown and Crumpet also offers themed events from the era including Downton Abbey dinners and Garden Parties and Tours to UK to visit and meet the current Earl of Carnarvon at Highclere castle, UK. Visit the local shops and the lovely nearby museum and enjoy a lovely day out or weekend away!
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I held my daughters 4th birthday party at the crown and crumpet over easter weekend and just wanted to say we had a lovely time. We have been before and this time was just as great as other times we had been. The food as usual was great, SO delicious! Everyone enjoyed. But specifically because this was a birthday party, all the little girls were so happy. There was a little tiny dress up room which kept the girls busy and happy, the staff was very kind and pleasant in helping some of he younger girls, and even were just helpful and kept calm even amongst some meltdowns and keeping the girls happy and occupied. I would definitely recommend having a young girls birthday at the crown and crumpet. I would say no younger then 4, but my daughter was very happy with her tea party birthday. Definatey got our moneys worth. Lovely visits.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Arrived at our reservation time. Three tables occupied and all patrons
using their Groupons, as stated by the owner. Their was a good variety
of teas to choose from. Each guest receiving their own choice of tea in
their own pot. High tea also included a 3 tier plate rack for two. The sandwich
plate consisted of three different types of filling, totaling 8 quarters, which
allows each person one sandwich. The second plate consisted of 4 mini
scones, two plain and two with raisins. Also was a small side dish with
jam and whipped cream for the scones. The third plate consisted of
desserts, 2 macaroons drizzled with chocolate, two pound cake pieces,
and two pieces of chocolate cake. Also was a small dish of candies pecans.
Everything was very tasty and enjoyed it very much. Had we not had a groupon,
this high tea lunch would have been in excess of $60.00 including a tip.
That is the reason I gave it an average rating.

Note: When trying to make reservations through their website, I
did not receive a response back. After one week I had to followed up with
a phone call to confirm.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My friend took me to your Twilight Tea in February for my 65th birthday. The food was delicious but the conversation even better. You took the time to sit and chat even though I am sure you were very tired. Our servers, your children were absolutely charming. But the icing on the cake was your son Oscar!!!. We were so impressed by him. I meant to write earlier but never got around it until today as I heard Tom McConnell on CKTB radio talk about the School Board meeting he attended. He spoke so highly of a young man named Oscar who was a speaker at the meeting regarding the closing of Jordan Public School. When I heard this I knew it had to our Oscar, your son. I called my friend right away to tell her about it. You must be very proud.

Di Doucette

1  Thank dthln
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I recently went to this charming little tea house with my best friend and our daughters. The girls (teens) were thrilled to pick out their own teacups from the dozens arranged to choose from. (so was I...it was fun!) The room is cozy and decorated "shabby sheik" with mismatched china, napkin rings and chairs. My friend is a decor fanatic and she loved it.
The staff is English, so the accents add to the whole experience. The "tea" was amazing. Hand made treats, scones and sandwiches were delicious! The cook (also English) came out to talk to the customers. Overall, we left there looking forward to our next visit.
Be sure to stop into the tiny shop for tea leaves and English treats and accessories before you leave. Very decent prices!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

First time experience a The Crown and Crumpet and I will be back.

I had steak and mushroom pie with mashed potatoes and of course scones and tea! Service was very attentive. I don't see anything wrong with the owner's son serving, he was very polite and attentive, it definitely added to the charm of the place. Steak pie was wonderful..hit the spot on a cool day.

It is a very relaxing experience, we were able to enjoy our time there without feeling rushed as some more popular tea rooms I have been too.

It is a family business and I think its wonderful that the entire family is involved. They are trying to do their best..is everything going to be perfect no, but this is part of the charm of a family run business and I would suggest everyone just enjoy a relaxing time there.

I will definitely be back again and will recommend it to friends!

1  Thank pattertl