“Perfect!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: HWY 8
Description: The Crown and Crumpet Tearoom is a British Tea room with bed and breakfast rooms in the heart of wine country situated in the lovely village of Jordan. The food is prepared by your host Lorraine and is baked fresh daily and sometimes scones are baked up to 3 times a day on busy days. Serving Lunches such as deep dish quiche made in house or hot Paninis and wraps daily and the house specialty is High Tea served all day on three tiered platters filled with yummy sandwiches, our famous scones with home made preserves and Devon cream and topped off with Yummy cake bites. We now offer an outdoor deck as well as a Downton Abbey Theme parlour where we host Downton Abbey Afternoon Teas as you relish the history of Highclere Castle and its aristocracy who lived there. The Crown and Crumpet also offers themed events from the era including Downton Abbey dinners and Garden Parties and Tours to UK to visit and meet the current Earl of Carnarvon at Highclere castle, UK. Visit the local shops and the lovely nearby museum and enjoy a lovely day out or weekend away!
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just came back from sharing a wonderful afternoon with three of my favourite people at the Crown and Crumpet. We shared memories and laughs over a wonderful high tea. Will certainly returned. The sandwiches were fresh, the scones were delicious and the cookies and cake were a wonderful way to end our visit. The service was prompt and very attentive. Thank you!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was really disappointed with my experience at the Crown and Crumpet. I am glad I tried this place on a groupon and did not pay full price for this poor experience.

Here are some reasons why we did not enjoy this establishment:
- we were given the milk container off of a used and dirty table....no idea why we could not have a fresh container of milk. We did not know how long it had been sitting on the table (the table was dirty as someone had just left) or if someone had dropped something in it or anything.
- we were served by the two children of the owner....I found this to be a little unprofessional as the one child didn't even have socks or shoes on.
- the scones tasted stale
- we and others near us were charged tax on the groupon which is fine.. but everyone was told by the owners son that he did not have change when presented cash (I think this is his attempt at earning a better tip). The people beside us insisted they get change (their bill was $6 and all they had was a twenty dollar bill). They did eventually get change but I found this a tacky and sneaky way to try to get tips

It really is too bad....the location is perfect and the house is adorable. But we will not be back. Next time we want to spend $50 on high tea we will go to Queen's Landing in Niagara on the Lake where we know the service is professional, the food is fresh, and the kitchen is clean.

1  Thank keej89
lorraine s, Owner at The Crown and Crumpet, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

I am so sorry you didn't enjoy your experience.
We try as a family to do the best we can in every situation. On busy days we do sometimes chase our tails and I never allow my younger one in the dining room without shoes so I must have missed that one.
I wish you had spoken to me personally at the time as I would have done everything possible to make your experience enjoyable. Without you, our customers we have nothing and it is my passion and mission to make my customers happy. In your case we seem to have missed this opportunity and that is very regrettable that we could not have been given the chance to put things right there and then.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was my second time at the Crown and Crumpet in Jordan . I spent a lovely relaxing afternoon at the tea room this week . I was pleased to have a groupon to get the value of the tea. Very disappointed when charged for extra jam. With four scones which by the way were lovely homemade scones I felt the jam provided ( about a tablesoon) for all four was not sufficent. Two dollars for an extra two tablesoons of jam was rediculous. The table beside me also asked for more and were more than surprised to see $2.00 added to their bill as well.
Not sure I will be back

2  Thank 22buddy
lorraine s, Owner at The Crown and Crumpet, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for your comments and I am so glad you enjoyed your scones and tea. Your enjoyment is most important to me and my family and I am sad that the extra charge for the jam and cream ruined your day.
We use imported Devon cream in a jar at $8 per small jar and home made strawberry jam. As you can imagine this does get expensive. Many tearooms cut their costs by using whipping cream with vanilla flavour and I am not willing to compromise even with a special price offer such as Groupon.
Groupon offers us zero profit and is a way of me investing in the advertising to introduce new customers to my new business. New businesses are always hard at first and we are a small family doing our best to make customers happy. Despite high ingredient costs I want to offer the highest quality home made baked goods at all times.
I certainly don't want to loose a great customer over two dollars so please ask for me next time you come in and I will refund this for you and give you extra jam for your High Tea.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were spending the weekend in Niagara on the Lake, and decided to take a drive to Jordan to browse the shops. As we were driving through Main Street, we found this little Jem. We immediate felt the stress of busy city life slip away, as we sipped our cuppa's, and enjoed a lovely high tea. The ambience brought us back to a time where life was much simpler, and treasured so much more. The service of Oscar and Maddy made our trip most enjoyable. The food was delicious, and the tea just right! After we were finished, we browsed the gift store, and stocked up on our favourite british goodies. We will definitely return!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We visited this teashop for a quiet relaxed lunch for Valentines day and we weren't dissapointed ,
The food was delicious as everything is prepared fresh . The atmosphere of this beautiful old house was wonderful ,the service was great and the owner Lorraine is very friendly and accomodating. Good Luck