“Wedding from Hell”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Jordan
Burlington
“Wedding from Hell”
Reviewed July 3, 2007

On June 2, 2007 I was a member of the **** wedding party at the Best Western/Beacon Restaurant, Jordon ON.

I am disappointed because the services provided, were absolutely unsatisfactory. Best Western is a brand, when staying at a Best Western one expects a high level of service and quality; this was not the case in the least.

I am writing on behalf of a bride who is absolutely beside herself in regards to the service provided and the fact that her family and friends, some whom had traveled as far as Australia were witness to. As a marketing and public relations representative myself, and being very involved in the media, I thought I would draw these situations to your attention; in hopes that there will be retribution to the bride and family for this disappointment. As you can see by the LIST I am about to provide, there is absolutely no excuse for what the bridal party dealt with.

· Upon arrival to dress rehearsal no one at the hotel OR restaurant was able to tell the bridal party where to go for the rehearsal while arriving, it was a good thing that someone from the bridal party noticed guests wandering aimlessly in the foyer

· We asked what time the pool would be open till so that we could come back and swim after the rehearsal dinner, we were told 10:30pm, the signage clearly states 11; the pool was closed at 10pm

· We ordered room service Friday evening, 2 cheese platters and wine. The wine glasses came on a tray with a dirty napkin, the glasses had lipstick on them, the cheese was far beyond room temperature (I am aware cheese should be served at room temperature; however, this was much too warm), the berries had gone bad, it was obvious someone had picked through the grapes for the leftover decent ones, the crackers were soggy as if they had been sitting in a fridge, we put the cheese tray out into the hall as it smelt so bad (it wasn’t picked up until after 3pm the next day)

· We needed a cot and were told to come down and get it ourselves, so off went two of the girls from the wedding party, one of which actually sliced her arm on the cot while carrying it up the stairs

· The AC in our room did not work

· At 11pm when we went to go to bed, upon turning on the lights our room was INFESTED with bugs, we did not have the balcony door open at all! We called front desk and was told nothing could be done, finally someone did show up with Raid (as you are aware Raid is very toxic and poisonous, the room was sprayed and now no one could breathe in there, we pulled our stuff down to another room who happened to be staying with the party)

· While laying in bed I happened to peer out my third floor room to see a man starring back in the window at me, I immediately called security and was asked “what do you want me to do”, by the time the man had managed to remove the chain from the door and was on his way in, the front desk finally showed up and ACTUALLY escorted our intruder through the room

· During the night there must have been some party in the hallway as several of the light covers were broken; these were not cleaned up till well after 3pm

· The AC in the ceremony room was not turned up at all, it was very hot

· The hotel LOST the reservation for the honeymoon suite for the couple, thank goodness they found something at the last minute, an added unnecessary stress

· We were actually given troubles when I asked if the concierge could move the bridal party bags for us as our room was not ready, the manager eventually did this himself

· The cake decorator was given quite the attitude from the restaurant personnel

· The bride had to remind our server that she had ordered soup instead of salad

· The bride had the remind the servers that there was a peanut allergy for dinner

I would absolutely not recommend the Best Western, Jordon or any Best Western for that matter.

• Stayed June 2007
10 Thank kc01ag

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Ontario
Reviewed May 26, 2007

Our "suite" overlooked the marina and was right above a bustling deck below catering to loud drinkers and constant "rock" music playing. The room was not clean. For example, I found hairs from a stranger in the jaquzzi (which also had a scuzzy foam to it)! An over-sized sofa blocked access to the closet. It was a though the room was thrown together with whatever furniture was around. The TV in the sitting room did not work. There was no service person available for the whole weekend. We had to physically trade the TV in the sitting area to the bedroom so that we could watch hockey playoffs in comfort, The sofa was too lumpy to get comfortable on. When we left the door to the balcony open little flying bugs swarmed the room. The first night room service took and hour to arrive. The next night we decided to go into the restaurant. Food still took an hour to arrive.
Very pleasant food servers and front desk employees told us they were short staffed that weekend, but they knew well in advance that they were also sold out that weekend.. No excuse.

Also bear in mind that this hotel faces a marina. Pleasant enough to see the boats and look across the lake and see the skyline of Toronto. However, there is constant noise - power boats getting started, boaters jiving around, and the ever-present tinkle from the lines of sailboats. We will not be returning.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Not clean
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank HerIndoorsOntario
Hamilton
Reviewed December 9, 2006

This is an older hotel. It boasts an awsome view of Lake Ontario. The rooms are average, I have stayed in better. The patio resturaunt has an incredable view overlooking the marina/lake. The staff are friendly and willing to make your stay comfortable. The hotel lacks some of the high end facilities of Toronto hotels, however the view of the Marina more than makes up for it
The hotel is average in every way except one, I took a walk down to the marina where I met a group of boaters on the east wall, they brought me down to their boat, offered me a beverage and chair. I ended up staying talking for 2 hours with them. They asked me if my wife and I would like go out on the lake for a sunset cruise, I explained we had six people in our company and felt it would be rude to leave the others, at that point they offered to bring everyone, needless to say I accepted.
They took us for 4 hours cruising to "Niagara on the lake"
They would not accept anything for gas from us.
This experience made our vacation, forget the CN Tower, make a stop at this hotel
Thank-you Beacon Harbourside Inn...particularly the boaters.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — the hotel had a funny smell, not a bad smell, just different
  • Tips/Secrets — Take a walk down to the marina, talk to the boaters, you might get as lucky as we were
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
Rochester, NY
Reviewed August 30, 2006

I have stayed here many times with the same results:" Sorry for your problems. We have noted them. We are having staff problems." Additionally, prices change by the day, varying in a 5 week period from $89 to &124 to $ 170 to $89

Well, there have been no changes. When we checked out, one couple complained about cleanliness and another complained about the A/C not working. This time I said nothing, but won't be back!

Only one of the 2 beds had the floor near it vacuumed (under one bed, almost outside, was a child's toy). Dirt on one side of the bedstand, not the other. Of course the A/C did not function. In my last stay, the A/C made a horrible noise. And the TV! They have a tower outside with antennas pointing at Buffalo and Toronto. 10 channels at night, most with snow, and 5 in the morning - the others were a blue screen. It seems the TVs are off the shelf, not hotel TVs, and the remotes are whatever was on sale.

If there is room service, it is not obvious and one time I had to go to the restaurant, order my food, wait for it and bring it back to my room. One time we waited 15 minutes for breakfast, no coffee, no menu, no interaction- we left!

The only good thing is the view of Lake Ontario, Toronto and boats going to the Welland canal.

• Liked — view of the lake
  • Disliked — cleanliness and service
  • Tips/Secrets — St. Catherines is 5 minutes away- stay there
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank wineluvr
Brampton, Ontario
Reviewed January 27, 2006

Rooms were NOT clean!. Disgusting! We were there for a company christmas party. We sold out the hotel. Stains on blankets, comforters, couch cushions. Vomit on balcony and dishes as well as empty beer bottles from the guests before us, maybe even before them. The food was tough and cold. The only light to this ugly night at this non Best Western, was the young lady working the front desk. She checked us in, helped us with directions, had someone come to clean off the balcony less than 5 minutes after we reported the disgusting mess. She worked all that day, and checked us out the next morning, still having a smile on her face. She made it worth while!. But, sorry dear, we will NOT be returning.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank curisa c
Reviewed January 8, 2006

If you are sick of the high cost of the Fallsview Hotel and being charged for everything under the sun and don't care for the falls. This is the perfect place for you. Me and my son stayed here for one night in January 2006 to be near St. Cathrins and found this place. We have seen it before because of the big ship and always wanted to stay here. All there rooms over look the beutiful Lake Ontario a great alternative for the Falls and for half the cost $59.95 for a lakeview, 2 queen size beds with a balcony. The room was very clean and had a very nice bathroom. The frontdesk staff were very friendly. Dino who did our Resvation did a wonderful job and let us check-in real early if we wanted. The restrant offers great foor at a wonderful price. They offer lakeview rooms, free wireless internet (Have kits if you laptob isnt wireless ready. Only hotel that I know of that offers this), paking. This is a great alternative to the falls. Your only a 10 minute drive away from it. We will be returning in Febuary for the show. Listen to this review and not the Negative ones and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2006
new jersey
Reviewed September 19, 2005

Stayed recently at this property...in checking in I was amazed at the beautiful view of Lake Ontario. As we entered the room, I was amazed that the carpet was FILTHY.....the bed..not a queen..more like a lumpy double bed. The couch in the room was very dirty looking as well. The previous
writer stated that the bathrooms were renovated....they were quite nice but not planned out properly. The shelves to store your toiletries were narrow, long glass shelves..one directly above the toilet bowl. Also the toilet paper holder was on the opposite wall and to the left..so you better grab the paper first.

The view is magnificent....the sunrise was beautiful from the deck.
We were scheduled to stay 3 nights but after the first very uncomfortable night we checked out and headed to a best western in Welland which was spotless, after spending the first few nights in the BEst Western Fallsview which was also spotless.

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank Lindabu49
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jordan
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre
Capri Inn
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines
Jordan House Hotel
Jordan House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Jordan
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,255 reviews
Casablanca Winery Inn
Casablanca Winery Inn
#2 of 2 in Grimsby
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in St. Catharines

Been to Ramada Jordan/Beacon Harbourside Resort? Share your experiences!