On June 2, 2007 I was a member of the **** wedding party at the Best Western/Beacon Restaurant, Jordon ON.
I am disappointed because the services provided, were absolutely unsatisfactory. Best Western is a brand, when staying at a Best Western one expects a high level of service and quality; this was not the case in the least.
I am writing on behalf of a bride who is absolutely beside herself in regards to the service provided and the fact that her family and friends, some whom had traveled as far as Australia were witness to. As a marketing and public relations representative myself, and being very involved in the media, I thought I would draw these situations to your attention; in hopes that there will be retribution to the bride and family for this disappointment. As you can see by the LIST I am about to provide, there is absolutely no excuse for what the bridal party dealt with.
· Upon arrival to dress rehearsal no one at the hotel OR restaurant was able to tell the bridal party where to go for the rehearsal while arriving, it was a good thing that someone from the bridal party noticed guests wandering aimlessly in the foyer
· We asked what time the pool would be open till so that we could come back and swim after the rehearsal dinner, we were told 10:30pm, the signage clearly states 11; the pool was closed at 10pm
· We ordered room service Friday evening, 2 cheese platters and wine. The wine glasses came on a tray with a dirty napkin, the glasses had lipstick on them, the cheese was far beyond room temperature (I am aware cheese should be served at room temperature; however, this was much too warm), the berries had gone bad, it was obvious someone had picked through the grapes for the leftover decent ones, the crackers were soggy as if they had been sitting in a fridge, we put the cheese tray out into the hall as it smelt so bad (it wasn’t picked up until after 3pm the next day)
· We needed a cot and were told to come down and get it ourselves, so off went two of the girls from the wedding party, one of which actually sliced her arm on the cot while carrying it up the stairs
· The AC in our room did not work
· At 11pm when we went to go to bed, upon turning on the lights our room was INFESTED with bugs, we did not have the balcony door open at all! We called front desk and was told nothing could be done, finally someone did show up with Raid (as you are aware Raid is very toxic and poisonous, the room was sprayed and now no one could breathe in there, we pulled our stuff down to another room who happened to be staying with the party)
· While laying in bed I happened to peer out my third floor room to see a man starring back in the window at me, I immediately called security and was asked “what do you want me to do”, by the time the man had managed to remove the chain from the door and was on his way in, the front desk finally showed up and ACTUALLY escorted our intruder through the room
· During the night there must have been some party in the hallway as several of the light covers were broken; these were not cleaned up till well after 3pm
· The AC in the ceremony room was not turned up at all, it was very hot
· The hotel LOST the reservation for the honeymoon suite for the couple, thank goodness they found something at the last minute, an added unnecessary stress
· We were actually given troubles when I asked if the concierge could move the bridal party bags for us as our room was not ready, the manager eventually did this himself
· The cake decorator was given quite the attitude from the restaurant personnel
· The bride had to remind our server that she had ordered soup instead of salad
· The bride had the remind the servers that there was a peanut allergy for dinner
I would absolutely not recommend the Best Western, Jordon or any Best Western for that matter.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ramada Jordan/Beacon Harbourside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Beacon Harbourside Inn & Conference Centre Hotel Jordan
- Best Western Beacon Harbourside Inn And Conference Centre
- Jordan Best Western
- Best Western Jordan
- Ramada Jordan/Beacon Harbourside Resort Ontario