Ramada Jordan/Beacon Harbourside Resort
$123
$133
HolidayInn.com
Capri Inn(St. Catharines)(Great Value!)
$69
$69
$114
$108
BestWestern.com
Comfort Inn(St. Catharines)(Great Value!)
$89
$85
$124
$104
FourPoints.com
The Inn at Lock Seven(Thorold)(Great Value!)
$96
All reviewslake ontarioview of the lakesports barindoor poolqewstairwellcathyfallswineries
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stayed at this Best Western on June 11 and 12, 2010 and were not impressed. The room was tiny, as was the "king size" bed that I booked (it was a double, not even a queen). Our balcony door was broken with the screen propped on the balcony. For the $180 a night we paid, we could have stayed somewhere far nicer.

The restaurant food was also incredibly overpriced. The taste was bland at best and the prices were comparable to the prices at the Lake House, just down the street, where you will find a FAR better meal.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I took my father and his wife to dinner at the Best Western Beacon Harbourside Inn in Jordan, Ontario for Father's Day, and the meal was horrible!! The view was lovely, and the waitress was very sweet, but the pleasant experience stopped there. The rolls arrived and they were warm, but had obviously been over-warmed in a microwave, as they were rock hard. I ordered grilled sea bass, and it came smothered in some sort of vibrant ,orange sauce, and underneath the fish was burnt, rather than grilled, and definitely tasted burnt. My father and his wife ordered pork tenderloin, and what arrived on their plates was chunks of "mystery meat", swimming in a sauce with slices of red and yellow pepper. It was more like a stew. Their accompanying baked potatoes looked like they had been sitting around for quite a while. I paid for the view that night, as the meal wasn't worth what was charged. We have been to the Lakehouse, located minutes up the road from the Beacon, and the food is wonderful; we thought we'd make a change and go to the Beacon. Change isn't always good, we'll return to the Lakehouse.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank mssusan1
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We held our wedding on June 4th at the Best Western Beacon Harbourside Inn & Conference Centre in Jordan Ontario. Cathy Ripper and her event staff were professional, accommodating, and went the extra mile to provide us with a momentous ceremony and reception. We held our ceremony entering from the grand staircase to the large landing below. The reception was in the Harbour Sanderson room. Both locations were elegant, clean, and special. Our wedding pictures prove it! The wait staff for our buffet reception was excellent. They anticipated our evey need, were attentive, and discreet. The buffet meal was lavish and tasteful.

I would highly recommend this location for an event or stay. Our Jr. Suite was spacious, clean, and held a delightful view.

Well done Beacon Harbourside. You allowed us a never to be forgotten wedding with our closest family and friends that exceeded our expectations.

Yours truly,
Mike & Janice

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ella003
Reviewed June 13, 2010

First problem. NO ELEVATORS. Had to drag suitcases etc up a flight of stairs! THEN found the room had a terrible burnt rubber smell. Couldn't take it. Drag Suitcases DOWN the stairs. Gave us smaller room-SAME PRICE no discount. When booking were told we couldn't have this room (2nd room) because a cot wouldn't fit. When I said I was going to get my money back all of a sudden the cot fit that room! Said rooms had been newly wallpapered and that was the smell. Dah! Open the doors! Gave us the room Lower level. DRAG suitcases down another flight of stairs. That"s 2 levels of dragging suitcases down and 1 up. Toilet wouldn't flush. We fixed it. Pillows very small. At Least this TV worked. 1St room had flat tv but wouldn't work! Coffee machine had to be unplugged because it wouldn't turn off. Dirty cup behind table. Bathtub had scum on it and floor not clean. Bathroom was newly renovated and nice. Great Views but not for the $192 I had to pay plus some charge DMR? Wireless internet was very sporadic. Kept losing it. Hardly slept because it had to be the worst bed I have ever slept in. Room cold. Only 1 pop machine for whole place and it was broke! Gave us 10% discount in restaurant. Ha! Menu had nothing on eat for kids. Didn't eat there. Very nice at front desk but that does not make up for the shabbiness etc of the place. Had same problem has other reviewer. When other room used the bathroom it was really loud in our room

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank dreid66770
Reviewed May 16, 2010

Just came back from this hotel today and will NEVER go back! It was good up until we tried to go to our room. There is no elevators in this hotel so we had to CARRY our luggage up flights of stairs! I have never had back problems but my back has been killing me for 2 days now. Even my 5 yr old was carrying luggage up the stairs! We got to our room which had 2 dbl beds, a balcony and a pull out couch. We walked into our room and it had this HORRIBLE stench of rubber or something. We had to go open up the patio doors but the smell was still there. The T.V also didn't work.We went down to the desk and complained and they informed us that it was recently wallpapered and it was the wallpaper we smelled and all the rooms smelled like that. They offered to give us another room that hadn't been wallpapered yet but it was a smaller room. We asked about a cot (we had 2 adults and 3 kids) and were told we couldn't get a cot in that room until we told them we were going elsewhere then "magically" we could!! They didn't reimburse us for getting a smaller room. The only good thing was that it had a patio (which we preferred) So, off we went toting all our luggage down the stairs. By this time my back was killing me and my kids were getting grumpy. We got into the new room and the bathtub looked grimy and the toilet didn't work ( we got it working on our own ). We went to bed that night and when we went to set up the cot, the mattress was all torn. We got to listen to the people partying out on the boats including their music blaring until about 11:00. Then there was the bed. I'm not sure you could call it a bed. More like a piece of plywood with pillows and blankets. My back was already killing me from bringing my luggage up and down the stairs. When I woke up in the morning I was sore everywhere and not rested at all. Also when other people used their water it sounded like a freight train going through our room .Just horrible! I went to go to the pop machine. I put my money in and never got anything. I went to the desk and inquired and was told that it was probably out of order. He didn't seem too concerned and didn't come and check or put a sign on the machine. He told me that I could go to the restaurant but they didn't have cans only glasses. I told him that wasn't willing to pay $3 or $4 for a small glass of pop.and was there another pop machine in the hotel. He said no. Hard to believe there is only 1 machine for the whole hotel! This place was horrible!! There were so many people complaining ( including the cleaning staff who work there) that there was no elevators. How do they expect older people to carry luggage? There is nothing on their website stating there is no elevator because if they did NOBODY would go!! The pool was ok and the view was stunning but other than that it SUCKED!! Don't waste your money. Even if you have to sleep in your vehicle it would be better than staying here!!! I will be contacting head office!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family