“Inexpensive for the lakeside view”

Ramada Jordan/Beacon Harbourside Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Jordan
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We made the mistake of arriving at Niagara Falls (after visiting Toronto) on a Saturday evening and finding nearby hotels full, so we backtracked to this hotel. Because of its location on the lake I thought it would be way too expensive, but I was tired and decided to stop and see. I was very surprised by the reasonable price and we enjoyed our short stay. Our room opened to the ground level at the back (it was easier to move our luggage in and out by walking around the back rather than using the stairs inside). There is new carpet in the hallways but the lower level did smell a little musty. The lobby area and pool are beautiful. Our room was clean. There is a cool wrecked shipped right by the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

When i called to confirm room details DONNA was a complete b&$ch.
after checking in tv did not work. FRANK was nice and tried to fix. When i called back next day to say still not working again DONNA was a complete b&$ch again and i was Told my tv couldn't be fixed for TWO yes two days (never got tv). Oh she also told me that no one in the hotel had working tv either. Good thing I was there with work colleagues who ALL had tv therefore I knew she was lying. The water never got hot for a shower and there were bugs in my room. The hotel is noisy. I could hear the person next door blowing their nose!!! Only good thing is the food.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kimberlypatt
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were here to attend a wedding reception and stay overnight. The hotel has a great setting along the west Lake Ontario shoreline. The reception was great and then the lightening began. It was quite a sight and quite a storm. The power went out and stayed out for about 6 hours. You cannot do much about a power failure but you had better be prepared for they do happen. In the public areas small tea light candles were being used. When I asked at 11:00 pm if we could have one to use in our room, I was told no it is a fire hazard. The management also said that they had sent a person to pick up flashlights and would deliver them to our rooms. No flashlight was ever delivered. In the morning all I could get was a cold shower. When I reported this the excuse was the power outage, but the power had been back on for at least 4 hours. I think this was a mechanical problem they had not dealt with, not a heating fuel problem. When we went to check out we were told that the computer system was not working and so we would not be given a receipt, our credit card would just be charged later. No particular apology for the cold shower was given, no discount for a room with no lights that we had to stumble around in, no discount for a later stay was offered.

Room Tip: Certainly great to be on the lake side and given the lightening did provide some light in the room t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel has fantastic waterfront location with views of the lake from every room. Free parking is also nice compared to other hotels. If visiting Ontario wine country there are not many hotel options so we decided on this one. It has a restaurant/bar (Don Cherry's) on site which we didn't eat at but would be convenient. There is a Tim Horton's just down the road, also convenient. The highway is easily accessible from the hotel so no complaints on location at all. The only complaint I would have is the rooms need updating badly. It looks like nothing has been done since the 70s. Air conditioning barely works, furniture is worn, and no matter how much you clean the room it will look dirty. Overall had a great stay because we went to wine festival, room was just to sleep. Would stay there again next year for the wine festival.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Although the Ramada Jordan Beacon hotel is beautifully located and they have started to do some renovations, the room my husband and I had was not very clean. Dust on the lamps things not being plugged in and the screen door fell off as soon as we arrived therefore we could not open our door due to flies. The bedspread was badly wrinkled. Little things make so much difference. We did have a good sleep as they beds were very comfortable. We would not stay here again. Hopefully they will whip it in to shape.
E.Anderson

Room Tip: Do not book through Expedia as the rates are too high.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We decided to go to The Beacon for dinner on Friday, July 5th as my parents were celebrating their anniversary. From the moment we arrived, I noticed that they had spruced up the place. The walls appeared to have been painted and everything seemed to have received some much needed attention. We were seated near the window overlooking the marina. It was a gorgeous view looking at the water, boats and a few swans were swimming around. Our server was extremely polite and attentive to our needs. Our food orders arrived promptly and we all enjoyed every morsel of it! During our dinner, the manager even came over to ensure that our evening meal was enjoyable and we assured him that it was. After a few prior disappointments at this restaurant, it appears that they have really put it into full gear and are now making an effort to bring it back to its glory days. An amazing evening of wonderful ambience, food and company!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Disneymooners
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The location is excellent.
I ate a lunch there. I order a Caesar salad (which was not to my liking) it took so long to get it that I order a tea, desert and the bill while waiting.
The worst was getting up in the morning with my legs from my knees down bitten (my pyjama only covered to my knees). When I reported the problem it was denied by the staff even if both beds were totally stripped. This hotel is off my list.

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jordan
Capri Inn
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Jordan House Hotel
Jordan House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Jordan
Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Ramada Jordan/Beacon Harbourside Resort? Share your experiences!