“Television reception is terrible but the view of Lake Ontario is great!”

Ramada Jordan/Beacon Harbourside Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Jordan
Abbotsford, Canada
“Television reception is terrible but the view of Lake Ontario is great!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed here for three nights while on a business trip. The rooms overlook Lake Ontario, which is beautiful. The restaurant offered fine service and food. The only negative is that the television reception is terrible, and I heard that from others who were staying there as well. Other than that, I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the Best Western over the christmas holiday, and i have nothing but good things to say about this wonderful hotel.
I ate at the restaurant several times. I reccomend the Prime Rib special.
Employees were all very friendly and brought me extra blankets as soon as i called for them.
I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a nice room and an even better view.

Room Tip: Room 516, 2 queens and was a very large room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Victoria L
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2011

The price is good for this area, but it's a little run down, eg, the pool is nice, but the old hot tub is now a planter. The pool towels are thin enough to see through.
The staff was great, very pleasant and very helpful.
The room was large, with a modern flat panel tv, but limited channels and iffy reception. Pretty sure it uses the antenna on the roof.
Great views of the lake from our balcony.
Within 10 km of about 30 wineries. Lots of fun. 8 min drive to St Catherines.
Internet wifi connection was great.

Room Tip: Upper level North side rooms have a great view over the lake, and are away from traffic on the Queen...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Service was horrible from the second we arrived. From inquiring about our room to asking for towels. Nothing worked properly and the hotel staff wasn't willing to help. They just seemed to lazy to care about doing there job. Pool was out of service and restaurant isn't winning awards with us even though the claim to be.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank RichDebbie49
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The day before our arrival we joined the wedding party for the rehersal and had the opportunity to see the conference room decorated for the event. It looked great. Nothing over the top, however great view and very simply well appointed.
Upon arrival the following day - we arrived to barely a welcome by an older gentleman who turned out to be the manager. He made no attempt to explain the facility, he didn't clearly describe the location of the room, nor offer any suggestion when I mentionned the trouble we'd have with heavy luggage and the lack of elevator having to be on the lower floor.
We finally located our room (after walking by a hall containing dead plants & garbage bags stinking up the hall) to find that we had a very hot musty, smelly room. We immediately closed the curtain (no sheers one black out curtain) to help cool the room and cranked the a/c unit.
Washroom appeared nicely renovated however when drawing the shower curtain ,the curtain was orange on the bottom half with grime- a simple wash of this fabric curtain with some bleach would have been all it would take to clean it!
Towels were displayed nicely however thread bare (threads hanging everywhere) - upon using the very thin towel with threads hanging off the ends - further discovered holes in the actual towel.
Absolutely outrageously poor value for price. We were paying triple what this room was worth. I've never complained in a hotel previously (bring things to attention at times, however I've never requested a refund/adjustent) as I work in the industry. However this location I did so. The manager however attempted to rectify the towels and shower curtain; chose to disregard the remaining issues and charge a total of $361+ for two nights in a two double bed standard room. (Did I fail to mention the total of 5 television channels - while they advertise cable & sattelite?)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank emmoj
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This place is a dumb! The staff we very unfriendly, our room had a great view but the room was very dated and dirty. We killed alot of spiders on the ceiling before we went to bed and when I asked the staff about the spider issue she said, "It's what you get when you have a hotel by the water." The bacony was also full of spider webs and very dirty.
The tub had a ring of dirt around the inside of it. Also in the middle of the night the smoke detector in the room started going off periodically for no reason. We had to unhook it because when we called the front desk there was no answer.
Like others have said, there might be 5 or 6 channel that work.
When we checked out in the morning I brought these issue up to the staff and she blamed it on being so close to the water. Very unprofessional.
Overall this place is terrible. Never again, don't waste your money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Christine155019
Toronto Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Yes, there are some quibbles I could have with the Beacon Harbourside; but overall they were just perfect for what I wanted. My T.V. didn't work so they immediately moved me at a nicer one. The Ice Water in the lobby, free newspaper, and Internet accesses were nice touches. My room was clean and the other guest were very friendly. Its close enough to St. Catharines and Niagara on the Lake and is surrounded by wineries galore.

My Lake Ontario pickerel for dinner was fantastic. And best of all when my backpack (with money, credit cards - everything was stolen out of my car a few miles away I headed back to the Beacon Harbourside because I knew they would help me out. And they did, charging enough money on my bill to get me lunch and gas to get home.

I'd go there again in a second. My only complaint - I thought it was a little overpriced.

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jordan
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre
Capri Inn
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines
Jordan House Hotel
Jordan House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Jordan
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Casablanca Winery Inn
Casablanca Winery Inn
#2 of 2 in Grimsby
Super 8 Grimsby Ontario

Been to Ramada Jordan/Beacon Harbourside Resort? Share your experiences!