“Great People; Great Location”

Ramada Jordan/Beacon Harbourside Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Jordan
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Yes, there are some quibbles I could have with the Beacon Harbourside; but overall they were just perfect for what I wanted. My T.V. didn't work so they immediately moved me at a nicer one. The Ice Water in the lobby, free newspaper, and Internet accesses were nice touches. My room was clean and the other guest were very friendly. Its close enough to St. Catharines and Niagara on the Lake and is surrounded by wineries galore.

My Lake Ontario pickerel for dinner was fantastic. And best of all when my backpack (with money, credit cards - everything was stolen out of my car a few miles away I headed back to the Beacon Harbourside because I knew they would help me out. And they did, charging enough money on my bill to get me lunch and gas to get home.

I'd go there again in a second. My only complaint - I thought it was a little overpriced.

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed May 22, 2011

I was traveling with my husband and 2 boys 14 months & 7 to visits family and the staff was great. After we left we notiiced that we had left our son's BIBA (blanket) by accident and when we called the hotel they were so great about it....they found it in the laundry and sent it to us right away. If you are a parent who's child has lost their BIBA you know what it is like!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2011

The patio door had a 3 inch gap that the wind was coming through. The ceilings were dirty and had dirt marks on them. Dead bugs in bathroom. Fire detector looked liked it had rust spots but was really bug poop. The beds were very uncomfortable. (should be upgraded to queens) Only 3 bath towels in the room - had to go to front desk to get some more since they wouldn't bring them to us. TV channels were very few. Nothing for kids. Killed an ant crawling up the wall at bedtime. Front desk staff were not pleasant and had a no care attitude. When my husband checked out, they didn't even ask how our stay was. Was not worth the price we paid.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank hockey25mom
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Don't expect your "junior suite" to have a refrigerator, microwave, or a tv that actually receives more than three grainy over the air stations. Niagara is generally very overpriced, so I suppose the room rate is reasonable for the area. We checked in at 12:30 am and just needed a place to sleep; for that it sufficed. Beyond, no.
Balconies were dirty and small. Tv in our room was hanging at a ten degree angle on a wire (the tv mount was broken).
Staff was pleasant enough. Not sure why Best Western doesn't do something about the quality of thus hotel. After all, it's their brand. Compared to other best westerns, this one doesn't measure up.

1  Thank Ross J
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed her as it was my cousin's wedding in Jordon. We shoul have stayed at The Inn on the Twenty instead. My immediate family was staying here, so we thought we would too.

The view is all it has going for it. Gorgeous view.
The building is in DIRE need of updating. The hallways are SO hot and humid, NO A/C at all! In fact they leave the front door and fire doors wide open, I noticed. The front desk was not helpful when checking in. No help with luggage, and you have to drag your bags up the narrow, HOT, HUMID stairs. I walked past an employee and even though I was trying to carry 3 bags and get through the door, he just let it slam on me. wow.

The room was just OK. I think the maids do a great job for what they have to work with. You share a large patio with a few rooms upstairs. The view is nice, but again, our room 514 was HOT and HUMID. The A/C was on full strength, and we were still sweating in the room. At one point I had to put cold cloths on my head and neck at 3am due to the heat. Front desk didn't seem to care. Said it was working the best it could.

The bathroom is small, but fairly clean. No room to do your hair or make-up though. Pedestal sink.

Windows were all filthy. Everywhere in the hotel, but the views were very pretty of Lake Ontario. Marina right there.

Decided NOT to eat here due to the reviews. I was told that was a smart move after speaking to some of my other family members that did.

It is possible to stay at this place...but if you have ANY other choices, you might want to consider going elsewhere. Inn on the 20 is a bit more in price , but worth it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SkigirlSteph
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stayed at this Best Western on June 11 and 12, 2010 and were not impressed. The room was tiny, as was the "king size" bed that I booked (it was a double, not even a queen). Our balcony door was broken with the screen propped on the balcony. For the $180 a night we paid, we could have stayed somewhere far nicer.

The restaurant food was also incredibly overpriced. The taste was bland at best and the prices were comparable to the prices at the Lake House, just down the street, where you will find a FAR better meal.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I took my father and his wife to dinner at the Best Western Beacon Harbourside Inn in Jordan, Ontario for Father's Day, and the meal was horrible!! The view was lovely, and the waitress was very sweet, but the pleasant experience stopped there. The rolls arrived and they were warm, but had obviously been over-warmed in a microwave, as they were rock hard. I ordered grilled sea bass, and it came smothered in some sort of vibrant ,orange sauce, and underneath the fish was burnt, rather than grilled, and definitely tasted burnt. My father and his wife ordered pork tenderloin, and what arrived on their plates was chunks of "mystery meat", swimming in a sauce with slices of red and yellow pepper. It was more like a stew. Their accompanying baked potatoes looked like they had been sitting around for quite a while. I paid for the view that night, as the meal wasn't worth what was charged. We have been to the Lakehouse, located minutes up the road from the Beacon, and the food is wonderful; we thought we'd make a change and go to the Beacon. Change isn't always good, we'll return to the Lakehouse.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank mssusan1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jordan
Jordan House Hotel
Jordan House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Jordan
Capri Inn
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in St. Catharines
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre
Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Ramada Jordan/Beacon Harbourside Resort? Share your experiences!