“Been here Twice in a Month, Service Varies!”

Jordan House Tavern
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Jordan
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Toronto, Canada
“Been here Twice in a Month, Service Varies!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have friends who adore this place, and it appeals to me because it's very old and has a lot of history.

Inside, it's very dark and not too big. But it's not dirty. There's a few small televisions and it smells delicious.

On our first visit there, we took my boyfriend's parents. The first thing to note: Their menu is VERY small. There's a very limited amount of items; I felt somewhat restricted. Also, their appetizers are limited, which you don't normally anticipate for a pub! It is ALL pub fare so you're not likely to find exceedingly healthy items.

Our server (can't recall her name), was very nice. She had a great personality and deserved a good tip. She was friendly and approachable.

Our ordered a club wrap with fried chicken and Buffalo sauce. It was DELICIOUS. My boyfriend's Mother order Fish and Chips and it was a big amount for what we paid! We also ordered Chili Cheese Fries, which were great!

My boyfriend's Father enjoyed the "Onion Soup".

The salad was decent, too.

My second visit? Not as good. We came on a Saturday with a few friends for a birthday and had failed to make reservations. We hadn't anticipated making some as it's a pub but we should have. Nonetheless, they had plenty of room for us. However, my server was somewhat rude. He seemed angry with us for not making a reservation, and the service he provided us was very slow. I felt very neglected and somewhat mistreated. Perhaps he was busy, maybe this had been a bad night. But there's not a lot of people there in general (it is small).

I ordered the "Grown Up Mac and Cheese" and it's delicious! Entirely excellent. The ham adds a punch of protein and taste needed for the noodles. The Garden Salad it came with was decent too, nothing spectacular, but good. My boyfriend ordered Fish 'N Chips and was very happy with it. My other friend ordered Nachos but wasn't too happy with what she ended up.

It's a neat little pub and full of history. The food is worthwhile and the prices aren't too shabby!

• Visited March 2013

Stratford, Canada
“Food in Jordan Village”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had two meals in this pub style restaurant. The first day the food took a long time to show up. The restaurant gave us a discount to make up for it. The sweet potato fries were salty so that was disappointing. The second meal was fish and chips and was better. The atmosphere is cosy and it is a popular place.

Visited February 2013
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Too bad-so sad”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The menu is very limited and what they serve is not prepared very well. In these times, we can't understand how a pub-like restaurant cannot even served a good burger. We have actually stopped going.

3 Thank Realfoodmatters
Brampton, Canada
“Always a delight”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I have been to the Jordan House Tavern MANY times over the last year and we love it.

We both LOVE the crab cake BLT, but unfortunately it is now off the menu. If you catch it as a "special", you should get it!

Mississauga, Canada
“Service is fine, food is good”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Pretty good for pub food. We had cod'n chips and some mussels, both were good, and better than others in Niagara. Food service was not quick, but the place was packed when we arrived, and the servers were very good, put our orders in quickly and brought drinks. Entertainment was amazing, beginning at 7 pm with an opening duo playing guitar/fiddle/banjo, getting their young relatives up to demonstrate Irish dancing and fiddling. We stayed in the same building and would not have even known there was a pub next door, as the soundproofing is very good. There are better restaurants in the area (Zooma for lunch, for example, and Twenty Restaurant if you want to get dressed up and spend big bucks), but this is decent food at a good price, great entertainment and atmosphere.