“Great Food”

The Cornerstone Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in Kenora
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fine casual dining in a heritage building situated on beautiful Main Street Kenora, just a block away from Lake of the Woods. Open since 2009 we serve the most fantastic meals to celebrate the flavors of the North. We are the 'place to eat" in Kenora and can't wait to serve you!
Cambridge, Canada
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I ate here on our one night stopover in Kenora. The restaurant is small and has comfortable, pub décor. We were promptly greeted. The restaurant was busy, but a table was cleared and we were sat right away. They were out of wine glasses, so we were given water glasses – a little strange since on looking around, not many tables had wine glasses. Service was a bit slow, but the food was excellent. We shared their Almond Crusted Goat Cheese Bruschetta (a warm ball of goat chevre to spread on toasted crustini and top with roasted red pepper and bruschetta), Caesar Salad (romaine with shaved parmesan and homemade butter croutons tossed in a creamy mild garlic dressing), and local Lake of the Woods Walleye – yes I agreed to fish, even though it is something I rarely eat – (walleye lightly dusted and pan fried, drizzled with a light herb butter and served with homemade tartar sauce and yam fries). It was actually very good!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank CinR

Kenora, Canada
“very good food, very slow service”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

They always seem to be understaffed. Caesar salad is good; coconut shrimp are great and presentation is good. Just don't make plans for after dinner.

Visited June 2012
Ontario
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mixed Reaction”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Overall it had great service and atmosphere. Do not go here if you want a quiet dinner. My wife's dinner, chicken parmesan very very good. I think a little overpriced at $21.00. I had the Beef Tenderloin (Fillet Mignon). Very good price at $28.00 for an 8 oz. steak. One problem. I couldn't even chew the meat and I have my own teeth. I am a meat cutter and this was by far the worse fillet mignon I have ever had in my life, by far. When I showed the waitress I couldn't chew it (the evedience was left on the plate) she appologized but didn't offer us even a free coffee. So friends, if you go to this restaurant you will enjoy it BUT DO NOT ORDER STEAK!!!!!!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Donkenora
Kenora, Canada
“Great atmosphere & great food.”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Very little about the Cornerstone isn't fantastic! The food is wonderful, fresh and new. The drinks are great and the overall appearance is warm and wonderful. Love it!

Visited June 2012
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
“Great lunch”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We went for lunch with our friends 2 wonderful daughters. It was their idea and it was a great idea. I had the honey dill wrap and cornerstone salad...delicious!! My husband (not a veggie lover) had chicken strips and the cornerstone salad...and he said that it was the best lunch he'd had in a long time. He said it was very favorful. Waitress was very helpful and attentive.

• Visited July 2012