“Great time”

Travelodge Kenora
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Kenora
“Great time”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The room quality and cleanliness were excellent. great staff and amazing breakfast. We had a very good time at the pool and then we had a movie night. We were very happy to stay here and we will be back!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lily H
travelodgekenora, General Manager at Travelodge Kenora, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hi Thank you for your kind words! We look forward to having you stay at our hotel in the near future so that you may have another great time!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Very enjoy our 2 night ! wonderful housekeeping and front desk staff. Bed very confortable and room was clean, nive big and clean pool. we appreciate finding great value accommodations. Would stay again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
travelodgekenora, General Manager at Travelodge Kenora, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you we are glad you enjoyed your stay hope to see you soon!
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here specifically because of the "fitness centre" advertised. After checking into the room (which was almost windowless and stuffy though the bed was very comfortable and the room was clean) we went to work out. Terrible disappointment! Three cardio machines from the 80's and only one worked! The weight machines were also dated and broken. Then at 2:45 AM we were awakened by the fire alarm and had to wait outside for 25 minutes in the middle of the night for the fire department. Apparently it was some young kids who were drinking in the pool area (which is supposed to be monitored and closed at 11!) who pulled the alarm. Not the best experience for $130 a night.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are constantly trying to improve our selves. We hope that you will be back to see the changes that we are constantly making to improve.
Truro, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I'm sorry I don't usually complain at all but we recently stayed at this property and I am shocked that it is a Wyndham Property. This property should be torn down, not renovated but actually torn down. It is an absolute disgrace. When we drove up to it I thought we had the wrong place,the smell everywhere in building and room was disgusting, then the previous guests must had complained that the fridge didn't work and instead of replacing it they just put another in the room beside the other one, the carpet was gross and I wouldn't take my shoes off, actually, we slept on the sheets only with our clothes on as tried to check the mattress but was covered up completely with covers so that made me wonder why too. I was actually shocked, I have been in the hospitality industry for over 20 years, the last 9 years in Management and I have NEVER stayed in such a run down, dirty property. I would be embarrassed to be an employee here and like I said I very seldom complain but knowing that there are standards in place for all Chain Hotels I don't understand how this place gets away with inspections or regulations to be called a Travelodge. We actually stayed in a Travelodge 2 nights before and it was great so thought this one would be similar, not a chance. I would never stay here again or recommend this property to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't choose this place until they decide to clean it up!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hi, We are sorry we didn't met your expectatons we are working very hard at renovating our hotel. We do have 100% mnew carpeting in all of our rooms now. We hope you will give us one more try in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Kenora hotels

Redding, California
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This motel is very over-priced and very, very dated. The rooms are small, dark, dingy and smelly. Carpets in hallways appear to not have been cleaned in modern times! Front desk staff pleasant and accommodating. Rooms are not well-insulated to prevent hearing other noisy guests. This property is located quite a distance from the downtown area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gareth G
Hello we are currently in the process of remodelling our hotel we now have replaced all our carpeting and flooring . We hope to see you again in the future so that you can see the changes we have made.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My first time staying at a Travelodge. I found the hotel dated and somewhat dingy. My room was in a corridor right next to several smoking rooms and while I didn't notice the smell in my room, each time I left to go outside I was confronted with the smell of smoke. The room air conditioning worked very well (which was nice as we checked in on a hot day) but the hallways were suffocatingly hot. The hotel has two pools (both indoor and outdoor) and a jacuzzi which looked clean though I didn't use either.

The dog fee was slightly higher than other hotels in the area and there was no continental breakfast. Overall, I would not consider this hotel to be of good value.

It was not a horrible stay but I would likely not stay again!

Room Tip: if you are a non-smoker, ask for a non smoking corridor, if such a thing exists at this Travelodge l...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Angela J
Biggar, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Comfortable room, great staff, pretty much good overnight stay. Very busy street so when out walking my dog was a little worried with the traffic. Nice to have fridge and microwave to use. Handy have McD's right next door for breakfast

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo