“Enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Kenora
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

This will be our 2nd time staying at the Days Inn for a yearly soccer tournament and will be our go to hotel in the future. It has a great water slide for our son (renovated since last year, and I found it fun too!) and the location is perfect with a McDonald's and KFC close by. The restaurant at the hotel is pretty good too. Yes, the hotel is old and dated but we didn't book at the Hilton so we don't expect the Hilton! Staff were friendly, particularly the manager, Sherrie! We'll see you next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Josie L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kenora, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Recently rented a group of rooms, and staff was friendly gave us a discount for having so many rooms. Hotel rooms were updated and clean. Bathroom fixtures were older but few rooms had jet tubs which were nice.
Hotel has attached bar and restaurant. Food was okay but ordered late just before closing.Usually their steak sandwich is to die for.
Hotel has pool with water slide and hot tub, which was great for the kids.
Very accommodating staff! Good stay for my family.

Room Tip: pool is on the east side of hotel so rooms on west would be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Minimoss
Red Lake, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel was disgusting! It smelled awful, the floors were all uneven, and there were bugs and clumps of hair floating in the hot tub and pool! Which is really too bad since they have a big water slide my daughter would have loved. Obviously we didn't let her in the pool. The rooms did appear clean but if you looked closely not so much! The bathtubs had jets and there were grime and buildup around them and the bathroom floors looked dirty in the corners. We will never stay there again!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Sadiesmommy009

Travelers are raving about these Kenora hotels

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

On our drive across Canada we encountered a road closure east of Kenora. The town is quaint and friendly. The hotel itself is tired and the rooms clean enough but it is very noisy...drunks kicking the doors and raising the roof at 2 am. However, the staff is very friendly and accommodating. They rushed to give us an early check in which we appreciated. The restaurant is ok for a quick bite. Not sure if I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try the second floor, far end of the hallway...pool end. It might be quieter there.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LJoanne
Belleville, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

My girlfriend's good friend was staying in town and so I rented a room. The guy at the front desk was EXTREMELY polite. Competent. Knew his job. That's where the good experience ended.

On one side of my girlfriend's room was a very loud drunk crowd of guys and girls, and on the other side was occupied by at least one drunk older woman and a baby in the room.

Having made the decision to drink alcohol later in the evening, when they heard the baby in the room they asked for another room less than ten minutes after being in the room so they didn't disturb anyone. We were refused another room, even though they hadn't even sat on the beds, or used the bathroom.

The loud drunk guy was trying to get in the wrong room, which resulted in the drunk woman from the baby room to go to the front desk and blame the noise on my girlfriend. The young rude front desk lady hung up the phone on me when I tried POLITELY to get a different room. When I got there, the young-ish girl at the front desk was rude with NO customer service skills, and the drunk lady from the baby room kept inciting the manager to call the police to get me removed. Bear in mind - NOT ONCE did I swear or raise my voice. Even, respectful tone is all that came out of my mouth.

We said we'd leave and we didn't even get our deposit back because the owner said they had to give the baby room drunk lady her room for free. That was a complete lie.

What sucks is that my girlfriend eventually ended up drinking in another hotel with that drunk guy who was making the noise, and the guy freely admitted the people in his room were the ones making the noise. Days Inn then called the other hotels in the area to tell them not to rent me a room. Luckily the lady at the next hotel did anyway - and there were no problems whatsoever.

The rooms were fine, and the first guy had amazing customer service skills - that's the only good thing to say about this place. They'll never get another penny from me as long as I live, and I'd advise others to find a place with better customer service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Johnathon P
sherriedays, General Manager at Days Inn Kenora, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Hello. Thank you for your recent posting. I do recall the incident and we simply followed procedure. We did receive numerous noise complaints that were coming from your room. My front desk lady did give you fair warnings. There were numerous people coming in and out of the room which was registered under your name. Whether you were involved or not you are responsible for the incident. I do apologize for the inconvenience and noise complaints are by far the most common issues when staying in a hotel.
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The property looks ok on the net but this Days Inn is dated and a bit rundown but the rooms are clean and Wifi works the staff were polite and we did not encounter any problems just the same I wouldn’t likely return here or recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank GrantFamilyToronto
Wingham, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The room was clean, beds where fine, linens good. The hallway to our room was rough looking, and very dated. Good wifi. The major complaint is that the room reeked of free breeze or some other room deodorizer, it was like the whole room had been soaked in it, not sure what smell they where trying to cover up, but by morning, we were very happy to leave, with our itchy eyes, and stuffy noses...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Cyndy1964
sherriedays, Owner at Days Inn Kenora, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hi there
thank you for your recent comment regarding your stay at Days Inn Kenora. I would like to apologize for the strong odor in your room. I'm thinking the carpets were most likely cleaned and that was the smell. Perhaps there was a different room available upon checkin that didn't smell like it was febreezed. Again i apologize for the inconvenience. If you'd like to stay with us again, call me directly at the hotel and i will gladly give you a discounted rate. Also i am very excited to install our new carpet in the hallways very soon.