“Blood on the floor and sink”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Kenora
“Blood on the floor and sink”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Blood..not stains but blood on the sink and carpet. front desk was accomodating and plesant. close to tims for morning coffee the bed was not uncomfortable. Overall not clean but it was late and we were tired.

• Stayed October 2013
CI_Kenora, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
First and foremost, please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measure by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action in the housekeeping department has been taken, it is absolutely unacceptable that you found blood anywhere in your room. We take pride in our hotel, and strive to insure problems do not recur.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Alexandra Greig-Spak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Having stayed in several Comfort Inns during our 30 day road trip, this one was a disappointment.
The room wasn't as clean as it should have been, although the bathroom was very clean. The carpet needed a good cleaning. Nice to be able to park right outside the sliding patio door.
Breakfast was a gong show...a hockey team of teenage boys were making their breakfast and were leaving a real mess...waffle batter everywhere, syrup spilled over everything, their garbage just left wherever. The lady at the front desk kept coming over to see if things needed to be replace, but made no effort to clean up..guess that is not in her job description. After we had eaten standing up in breakfast area, I heard her tell someone who had just arrived to eat that the meeting room was available to sit in..would have been nice to know earlier.
Probably would not choose this place again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I apologize for your experience during breakfast, it is absolutely in the front desk job description to ensure the area is well cleaned, stocked and making sure our guests are aware of the meeting room that can be used for sitting down for breakfast.
It is not an ideal set up for our breakfast; however this will be changing in the spring when we undergo renovations, including a dedicated breakfast room where our complementary hot breakfast will be served and sitting in all one area and out of our lobby.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

BALMERTOWN
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Booked our 2 rooms a month before we stayed here as Kenora was having their Harbourfest Days and it was difficult getting accomodations. When I reserved our rooms, they were having problems with their computer, so could not quote me a CAA rate, but said that would be taken care of when I checked in/out. When we checked in, and adult and 2 children in one room, and my husband and I in another, there seemed to be a problem with the rooms set up, so they changed our rooms, and could not give us the CAA rate as "the rooms with that rate have already been taken". I didn't argue the point, this was the first day of our holiday and I was in a good mood. Short story, 2 rooms, substandard for the cost, lousy breakfast (other guests walked out after looking at the breakfast offering), and this is the first and last time I stay here. Our total with tax for the 2 rooms was $395.48, a total rip-off. I stayed in a few other places as we were travelling to Vancouver Island and back to Ontario, had beautiful rooms, the accomodations were superb and much cheaper than this place. (eg. we had a 2 bedroom suite at a Ramada Inn for $155.00 a night with pool and hot tub)

I have been told that this Comfort Inn will raise the price of the rooms when there are special events going on in Kenora, so beware!

I am an easygoing person, not fussy, but I do not like being taken advantage of!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ELISABETH S
Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. We do apologize for your unsatisfactory experience here at the Comfort Inn Kenora. There is no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.

We are undergoing complete renovations in March / April 2014, with all guest rooms, lobby and breakfast being updated. Meaning our standard continental breakfast will be updated to a complementary hot breakfast with much more selection.

Again, thank you for your comments and we apologize for your disappointing experience with us.

Alexandra Greig-Spak

Travelers are raving about these Kenora hotels

emerson
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We come every year and stay here a bet away from sunny manitoba, we also r g or small ten pound dog with, so we are appreciative we can bring him to this hotel.
The room is fine, no frills, my biggest complaint is the carpet, I understand they have a huge amount of hydro, road people and construction etc. that stay here, but then to me put them in the same rooms always, as the stain are grease from shoes, Incoming And out . As I do not wear shoes in my house or any other hotel I hate to have to but really no choice

Last year I spoke the the same, we were told they were replacing them, as we stay in the same room, well it was not done, for this amount of money we pay I do not appreciate the dirty carpets.
Put some money into this. And also I would love to see some money friendly working the desk, when you come in the two we dealt with just sat there on the computer, no social skills or welcoming.. This is a hotel, you should feel welcomed soon as you come in,
Rod the guy that looks after maintenance, kudos t him, he is always happy social and doing a good job.
As for 2014 we will see, what they do!,,,,,

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank joyEmerson
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Yes it is true that our renovations to the hotel were pushed back till March / April 2014, however with the renovations, every hotel room will have new carpeting, vinyl, bedding, and bathrooms renovated. In addition to the guest rooms our lobby will be updated and our meeting room will be converted into a breakfast area, where the complementary hot breakfast will be served.

The next time you stay with us you will experience a whole new level of Comfort

Red Lake, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The majority of our room was clean. It was like they started cleaning our room and got called away for something and never returned to finish the rest - our bathroom and beds were clean but they didn't vacuum (and it needed vacuuming badly) and I don't think they like to dust things. lol! The sheets were clean on the beds and the beds were comfortable to sleep on. We had no toiletries in the bathroom though and had to ask the very helpful and polite lady at the front desk. All in all the room is a little out-dated for the price we paid for the room but ok to stay in and I liked having the patio door to get bags, etc into the room. They are supposed to be renovating the rooms for this hotel so hopefully this will remedy the minor issues that we had.

Room Tip: The patio door on the lower level rooms is a nice bonus for unloading and loading your vehicle.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Teresa F
Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I do apologize that your room was not completely up to our standards and have brought this matter up to my housekeeping department. We strive for complete guest satisfaction and it is disappointing we did not achieve this.

It is true; we are being completely renovated in March / April 2014 with complete guest room makeover: New carpets, vinyl, bedding and vanity. New full hot breakfast served in our modern breakfast room and our lobby being upgraded

The next time you stay at Comfort Inn, you will experience a new level of Comfort.

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed two nights, one on our way to Moose Jaw and one on the way back. I have rated this on our first night's experience. The next paragraph will be our second night (we couldn't cancel as these were prepaid). The girl on the front desk was excellent, even though we had the issues we had. Our first impression of our rooms was disappointing. The room smelled like wet dogs (I have now found out most of Comfort Inns are pet friendly. I went downstairs to the reception desk and got some room deodorizer and sprayed it well. We had opened the window to try and air it out and found out the staff and guests all smoke back there and it came into our room, so closed it right away and turned on the a/c. When I took the ice bucket down to get some ice, I noticed the lid was all sticky as if someone used it to put a waffle on it and take it back to their room, with syrup all over it. It was never cleaned. My husband was using the computer at the table in our room and got sticky stuff all over his shirt from the side of the table. Gross! Once again back to the reception desk. She assured us we would have a nicer room when we returned. The next morning we did speak to the lady in charge and she read all the comments about our room that were listed and compensated us by reducing the charge. That was appreciated.
When we came back for our second night we were a little nervous but the room was in a nicer section upstairs and away from the smokers (I was told that once the renovations are complete, there will be no smoking - I didn't know about the smoking in the rooms until checking out when the ladies are cleaning the rooms downstairs and the halls smelled like smoke). Our room was 100% better than our first night. The room was clean but the fridge was dirty inside. Seems the cleaning staff are hit and miss at this location.
Like I said the second paragraph is a better review of this place but I want others who use Trip Advisor to have a head's up before they book here. We didn't eat in the breakfast room as there were no tables and chairs (maybe we were supposed to use the meeting room? no one said) so that could explain people taking their food back to their rooms and not cleaning after themselves. We went to Timmy's both days for our breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs in a no smoking room and ask to see your room before you stay there. Try and get a roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The location was okay and they allow pets which is great. I felt the hotel was overpriced for the overall quality. It seemed difficult to find really good accommodation on our extended drive from Alberta to Ontario.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple