Lake Vu Motel
$92
Brewers Inn(Kenora)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were in a room behind the store. The room was filthy, rug was sticky, walls were filthy, bed was full of hair and stains,very uncomfortable very old. thick layer of dust on headbord,lights and bedside tables. The bathroom very small dirty, poop on toilet, no bathtub and the shower was so small the s/o would have to shower sideways and barely move. There was pubic hair everwhere and shampoo clumps in the shower The little shower didnt drain. We tryed calling the manager and no one was there to answer(no night shift) we now have to after traveling for two days,find a truck stop to wash my hair. There was no free breakfast no compensation for this huge inconviece. I felt like i was in a motel that is a place for someone who just needs it forillegal actions. I wiyld never have my kid in there Waste of money rather sleep in the truck like the night before. Will never ever return.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Kclarke87
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights just this past weekend. Check-in was fast!

We booked the 3-bedroom suite and it was pretty good. Has a spacious living room, and a pretty good TV too. The kitchen was big as well and has its own dishwasher. Pots, pans, and kitchen utensils were available too. However, the two chopping boards supplied smelled really odd and had to wash them really thoroughly before we were able to use them. Knives for cutting up stuff were provided but they were typically bread knives so it was quite uncomfortable trying to cut up veggies and meat. There was no frying pan, so we had to make scrambled eggs in a pot.

The bedrooms though were really comfy and we couldn't complain about it. The bathroom was clean and really nice, with shampoo, body wash and towels included.

Would still be coming back though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We needed just a room for just one night while in Kenora for a quick visit. There is not an overabundance of reasonably priced rooms in this town - even in November. Lake-Vu was a convenient location and could get a double for less than $100. We made the reservation several days in advance. We arrived mid-afternoon and check-in was no problem but got in the room to find it FREEZING cold. The room heat had been turned off completely. We were there just to drop off our overnight bag anyway but cannot imagine how uncomfortable we would have been for a couple of hours if we had planned to be there or if the outside temperature was lower. Left thermostat on close to max and temp was just comfortable when we got back several hours later.
Room was clean but bathroom was small and dated. Bed was comfortable enough but small - I am only 5'3" and my toes hung over the end when laying on my front. Covers were just adequate - again, if it was colder outside, am pretty sure we would have been uncomfortable. Overall, didn't think it was good value for the $. (Did not see any sign of air conditioning. Would definitely not book here in the summer.)
Breakfast in attached restaurant was good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My daughter was in a bind with people who were very unreasonable. I called from Manitoba to find her a place to stay and LakeVu rented her a room by the month (with her cat!). They were very understanding and caring. There is a restaurant and gas station right on the property. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. They also have guest laundry services and it is near Tim Horton's, etc. and 5 minutes from downtown Kenora. No it isn't a fancy hotel with pool, but it is a safe clean place to stay. The rooms are older, but clean, and large. They were renovating when my daughter moved out (a bit at a time so as not to disturb the guests too much). My daughter was there for 4 months, and I could not recommend a better motel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My husband and I arrived on a Friday afternoon w/o any reservations, and this was the only place in town where we could find a room. It was basically clean, but very outdated--an actual metal key, chain locks, yellow tub, sink and toilet: not quite icky, but almost! We were relieved to get a room that wasn't totally dreadful, but didn't really think it was worth the $109 we paid for it.

• Stayed: July 2011