“good food”

Erie Belle
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Kincardine
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Port Lambton Ontario
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

food was good but restaurant seems more like a fast food restaurant now. Visited this restaurant several years ago and they had a much better menu choice. Staff were very friendly and service was good

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Brenda M

London, Canada
“Great fish and chips”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife had talked for years about the fish and chips at this landmark restaurant on the shores of Lake Huron. We went there yesterday. It was great. We sat out on the deck on a beautiful day and had a cold beverage to start and an appetizer of onion rings. We wouldn't nomrally order these but the plucky waitress told us they were great....and they were! We actually went for a walk between courses and got a table again on the deck and had fish and chips. I had the cod while my wife had the haddock. Both were great as were the fries and the bowl of mushy peas. Well worth the effort to go there.

1 Thank Lakehouse259
Cambridge, Canada
“Two different sizes of Fish”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I went here on a Saturday night when it was very busy. Fast service even for the take out which is what I got. Lots of fries. The fish was super fresh but they told me they are six ounces. When I got back to our room one piece was average size and the other looked like another fish had taken a bite out of him. I went back on a Monday when the place was dead and the service was the same. It took about 7 minutes both times to get my fish. I asked the lady if she put ketchup, forks, etc in with the order. She said no. We only put them in there if people ask. Now that is not good if you are out of town and take it back to your room or go down to the dock with it, to open up your newpaper filled fish to see no ketchup with the fries. Put ketchup in there please. This place serves up the fish the old way which is great to see. I will go back without a second thought. Really fresh fish. Friendly staff and great atmosphere. Cant wait to get back to Kincardine.

1 Thank Rick H
Toronto, Canada
“Famous for their fish and chips.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Although I am not in a fish & chip mood very often, the Erie Belle does it well. Big portions...if not too much chips. Good value. Improvements in the kitchen (too much batter) and service (slow) have thankfully been corrected. The view of the harbour and lake from the popular patio is tough to beat. Our BIL loves the mushy peas, although not being British, that is a mystery to me!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank ImpatientGuy
London, Ontario
“Bright and friendly”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This large restaurant is located in an updated older building with a view of the harbour and a very short walk to beautiful Lake Huron. Food is reasonably priced in large servings. The fish is deep-fried with a thick batter and quite greasy. Fries are very generous. Service was a bit slow at first but improved when requested.

1 Thank Geoscientist