“Excellent Location.”

and 1 more site!
Inn at the Harbour
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Kincardine
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Kincardine is a nice historic town on Lake Huron. It is worth going into town and staying at the Inn at the Harbour instead of a motel chain out on Highway 21. Great views of the Lake and sunsets, plus you can walk to good restaurants from this location.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor which had a good view. Higher floor rooms in the "old" origina...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel is located in a great part of town. It's off the main street but within walking distance of everything. The staff was very helpful and took very good care of our group. I had questions about local workout facilities so I emailed them in advance. They replied back they weren't sure but they'd let me know. They went and checked one out close by and sent me the contact info. and a description of the facility. This was a family trip and we occupied several rooms. One in the older part of the hotel, one in the newer part, and a suite in the newer part as well. All rooms were fine, but the suite was over the top. I'd highly recommend this hotel based on the service, quality of the room, and the location.

Room Tip: The suites is the way to go if you can afford it. If not, I would ask for a room in the newer part...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FrankRS66
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I chose this hotel for the location near the harbor and in the middle of town. I was only there for 1 night, but wished I could have stayed longer. My room was in the older building of the hotel, which is an old-style motel with parking in front and exterior corridors. The building is older, so you don't have the same sound-proofing, large bathrooms, etc. that you would expect in a newer building. Still, the room was very comfortable and well-maintained. The bed was very comfortable. It appears that the rooms have been recently updated.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank november_moon
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Expensive for basic accommodation.
Rooms on the lower level have no harbour view.
Our room had ill fitting blinds on the window. Plumbing was noisy. We could hear other visitors showering and toilets flushing.
The coffee in the room was undrinkable.

Room Tip: I would imagine that rooms on the upper level are preferable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank wordyandproud
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We just spent the long weekend at Inn at the Harbour in Kincardine, and had a great visit. We stayed in the cottage suite, and it is one-of-a-kind. Jen was welcoming, warm and helpful, and made us feel at home. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was amazing, as was the view. You can see the lighthouse, marina and harbour. It was a three minute walk to a beautiful beach. We would go back any time, and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is such a quaint and lovely little Inn. The rooms are incredibly clean and so comfortable - from the pillows to the bedding! And the view is spectacular!!!!. The service is great too. I look forward to my next visit. PS - so comfy did not want to get out of bed! Bobbie

Room Tip: Top floor is awesome!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights with work. The first room I was given when I arrived was leaking from the ceiling (It was raining) through the smoke detector. Apparently this had happened before in this room. They apologized and quickly moved me to an adjacent room. The room was very clean, and adequately appointed. The bathroom was average sized, and the beds were comfortable. One bonus item was that you got a free continental type breakfast delivered to your room each night for the following morning...on check in, you could choose what you would like in the breakfast package. Another bonus was that the room had free long distance calling. However, this bonus was more a negative for me because since the hotel was fully booked when I stayed there, the phone system got very busy, and I couldn't get through to successfully make a long distance call (in fact for the 4 nights I was there, I only got it to work once). One other complaint was the bathroom; although it was nice, there was only a pedestal sink to put things down on, and thus space for resting things on was limited. There was no pool at this hotel, and it was priced a bit high for what it was. It did have a very nice view of the lake though. I would stay here again if I had to, but it wouldn't be my first choice in Kincardine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TheMadmanThunderBay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kincardine
TownePlace by Marriott Suites Kincardine
#1 of 6 in Port Elgin
Maple Leaf Inn
Maple Leaf Inn
#5 of 7 in Kincardine

Been to Inn at the Harbour? Share your experiences!