“Wedding Rooms”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kincardine
Goderich
“Wedding Rooms”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great Time Gail and Melissa made sure all promises were kept. Staff let guest check in early and handed out gifts with a smile. Food at dinner was excellent. Liz and the other waitress were great. The bartender kept the drinks coming and everyone was happy. Would highly recommend this hotel for any one in the Kincardine area looking for a spot for a wedding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Gail G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
I am glad that everything worked out for the wedding. From the hotel rooms and early check ins to all the details for the wedding ceremony and reception. I will make sure to pass on the thanks to all the servers, Jenna the bartender, the kitchen staff and the front desk clerks that helped. Along with thanks to Melissa. I was happy to learn that everyone had a great time.
Thank you for choosing our property for your wedding festivities.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've been doing a lot of travelling for business over the past few months and this hotel has definitely been one of my favourites while on the road!

My room was so cozy and made me feel right at home. It was also very clean and spacious.

Overall an excellent experience and I'd recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the area. Staff are great, food's great, fitness room is great.... loved it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Gail G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property.
We appreciate all feedback.
I am happy that you had such an enjoyable stay.
I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff.
Thank you for choosing Best Western Plus Governor's Inn.
Pickering, Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2012

What a great weekend! We tried Best Western on advice from CARP. This advice certainly was accurate. The hotel was clean, modern, well appointed, and served excellent, tasty hot buffet breakfasts (included with the room). The room was quite large which allowed us to entertain my wife's parents with ample room for seating. The king bed provided a very comfortable two night's sleep for us. The water jets in the bath tub provided an unexpected relaxing experience. The microwave and the fridge were an added bonus, as was the large flat screen TV. The gym provided some needed exercise. The total cost for the two night's stay was very reasonable. All the hotel staff from the welcome at the reception desk to the dining room staff to the room cleaning deserve five stars. The A/C unit worked perfectly. Kudos to the hotel management.

Room Tip: My tip is to try this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Gail G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate all feedback. I am glad that you had such an enjoyable stay and found everything to your liking. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff. Thank you for choosing our property and look forward to seeing you again.
Thunder Bay
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed here with work for four nights. If I had booked this on my own, it would have been $125.00 a night, so I'm basing my review on that price.

This is a nice hotel, clean with friendly staff. The lobby has character, with a lot of wood finish and furnishings. The fitness room is fairly large and clean, there is a hot tub and sauna in an area off the bathrooms down one level from the lobby. The hot tub was nice and hot, the sauna worked well, and this area was very clean. There is no pool however. The room was nicely furnished, but average size, not overly large (the rooms at the Holiday Inn Express across the street are larger). The included breakfast was also quite good. All was very good, except my room did have a slight odour which I only noticed for the first bit that I entered the room, my sense of smell adapted after a while. It was almost a 'wet dog' odour, perhaps coming from the bathroom. I mentioned this to the front desk on check out. That was my only complaint. But overall this is a good hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gail G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a response regarding your stay at our property. I am happy to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to the staff. We look forward to seeing you for a future stay.
Sault Ste. Marie ON
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed just one night. Check in and out - the staff were both helpful and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. The air conditioning was a little noisy but worked fine. The breakfast was more than adequate and the staff again was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gail G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a response regarding your stay at our property. I am glad that you had such an enjoyable stay and everything was to your liking. We look forward to seeing you again.
Newmarket, Ontario
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed for one night on a very busy weekend in Kincardine and had a great stay at The Governor's Inn. The rooms and beds were comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was good and Missy was pleasant to deal with on the front desk. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gail G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at our property. I'm glad that everything was to your liking especially on a busy weekend. I will make sure to pass on the compliment to Missy. Thank you for choosing our property and look forward to seeing you again.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This hotel Is located on the main highway. It is not within walking distance of the beaches nor the town. Rooms are pretty good but the air conditioner was quite noisy. Breakfast is included in the price. It is basic and not well organized. Food items that run out are not replaced as quickly as they could be. Staff are friendly and quite helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kincardine
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kincardine
#2 of 7 in Kincardine
Maple Leaf Inn
Maple Leaf Inn
#6 of 7 in Kincardine

Been to Best Western Plus Governor's Inn? Share your experiences!