“Nice stay in Kincardine, Ontario”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kincardine
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Kincardine
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express in Kincardine, Ontario is a very nice hotel with a great staff. The breakfast, in my opinion, is above average and very well maintained. The rooms are nice and the location is very convenient. There are restaurants within walking distance and a nice grocery store very nearby.

Room Tip: The corner suites are very nice and roomy
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joseph W

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here one night with my 12 year old son at the end of a week long road trip. We stayed at a variety of places on tour around lake Huron, but this hotel was by far the best of the trip.

Clean, spotless, very comfortable beds, friendly service, good breakfast, large room, quiet air conditioner, nice area close to amenities. I would have difficulty finding any negatives here at all - I would highly recommend. I have stayed at a few Holiday Inn Express properties, and this is my favorite.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gritsp
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The friendly and helpful staff that went out of their way at this hotel and the large clean room we stayed in along with the fantastic free breakfast made our stay a great one. Best place to stay in Kincardine! (The whole family really enjoyed our stay here)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank GrantFamilyToronto
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Overall a nice place to stay. The negatives...awkward entrance from highways 9&21, hot tub was a little dirty. Positives....New, Clean, free breakfast is yummy. There are limited options in Kincardine, this place might be the best option.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Slapshottopcorner
Reviewed August 28, 2013

You generally know what you're going to get at a Holiday Inn Express. This one exceeded our expectations and we'll be back. The staff were excellent, the facility itself is very well kept up. We found it to be quiet as opposed to some other commenters. We are up this way about once each year and from now on we'll stay at this Holiday Inn. Great job.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very nice. Large room,very comfortable beds with flat screen,wi-fi and a spacious bathroom plus the quietest heat/cool unit I've ever heard. Breakfast had nice variety but was not fond of the pancake"machine." Cons would be the lack of a microwave in the room plus a couple of additional grab-bars in the bathroom to assist elderly or disabled persons( myself included!)
The hotel is located on a cul-de-sac off hwy.21 with no sign on the hwy. Use Sobeys as a guide to turn off on the same side.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights this past weekend.

If you're not familiar with Kincardine, it can be a little confusing to find the entrance to the hotel. It cannot be accessed directly from Highway 21 like it appears you would.

Check-in was quick and painless. We were given a room with 2 queen beds as 1 queen or king was not available. The front desk employee was able to suggest some touristy things to do during our stay, and that was appreciated.

The room was clean and modern. I'm not sure when this hotel was built but it feels very new.

There is a mini fridge in the room, as well as a desk and office chair, nice TV, and a good-sized bathroom. Basic amenities in the bathroom: bar soap, lotion, shampoo, and conditioner.

I noticed right away the walls are quite thin, as I could hear every time someone in adjacent room used the washroom. I'm not just talking I could hear the toilet flush, but I could literally hear that they were using the toilet. Our neighbour(s) seemed to have a small bladder so it was distracting while I was trying to fall asleep!

The beds themselves are comfortable and provide both a firm and a soft pillow to choose from.

The wifi signal was weak and would randomly disconnect and require the password again. It was quite slow as well, and generally annoying to use.

The pool area is small but nice. There is a 5" deep pool and a whirl pool. Towels are provided in the pool area. There is also a fitness room but we didn't use it.

Sunday morning we were awoken by a kid screaming in the room across from us. It was so loud, they might as well have been in our room. Thicker walls would really be appreciated. We left the noise to go down to the free breakfast. It was about 9:45am and quite busy, with more kids screaming and making noise. I highly suggest staying elsewhere if you're not a fan of children on your vacations.

The complimentary breakfast was the same as at other Holiday Inn Expresses. There's bagels, toast, cereal, cinnamon buns, bacon, packaged scrambled eggs, and sausage. Being that the room is kind of small, it gets cramped quickly. We noticed afterwards that the board room behind the breakfast room was open to sit down in, so I suggest sitting there if the main room is busy.

All in all, I have to agree with a previous review that called this hotel an efficient stay. It has some bugs (wifi, thin walls) but otherwise is a good place to stay. It's within a block that contains several businesses, including a Boston Pizza, Sobey's, and Tim Hortons.

I would stay here again if the smaller motels closer to the water were booked.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face Highway 21 (west), odd number rooms face east.
2  Thank lengthynewt
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kincardine, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear lengthynewt,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our products and service.

I was delighted to read that despite the noise challenges and issues with the WiFi service, you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. I apologize for the shortfalls, nevertheless, I am glad that you were satisfied with most of the features provided.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kincardine
0 mi away
22 mi away
Super 8 Port Elgin
Super 8 Port Elgin
#1 of 6 in Port Elgin

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kincardine? Share your experiences!