“Great Food”

Good for: Families with children
Toronto, Canada
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We do take-out/pick-up of a Large Family Fish & Chips Dinner, as always Perfect!! Everything was great, nothing soggy, and lots of condiments. Am a repeat customer, always a wonderful treat to have Joey's Fish & Chips!!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank NaTT609

Toronto, Canada
“Best fish tacos ever!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The honey lime dressing is delicious as well, Friendly staff, fast service, lovely decor and very clean at the Kitchener location (Highland Rd) ...and I will for sure be back in my travels. I only wish I had a location east of Toronto as well.

• Visited August 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Tuesday night AYCE fish is an experience to savour!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Joey's only seafood a couple times, but was there in April on their all you can eat fish night. What an experience. If you've got an appetite for oodles of fish, you won't be disappointed. My food was all hot & quite tasty. They have a decent menu, but the majority (but definitely not all) is seafood. Cast off and catch a bite!

• Visited April 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Pretty good!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The kids and I went here for supper. I had the fish (cod) and chips. The fish was excellent! Flakey batter - and hot! The fries weren't all that hot, nor plentiful. I had ordered a gravy on the side for the fries. I should have saved my buck, because the fries were gone before I could make much use of the gravy. That said, the fair-sized fish portion (2 pc.) left me full, despite the small amount of fries. The coleslaw was a little too creamy for my liking, but it was better than most places.

Kid #1 had mini-corn dogs. Nothin' special. Kid #2 had popcorn shrimp and fries. I scammed a shrimp (for the purposes of this review) and found them to be very good.

Several dessert choices for the kiddies, which is nice. I must say, that I do also appreciate a kid's menu that is picture-based. Pick one from this row, pick one from that row sort of thing. It's great for pre-readers.

A gripe that Kid #1 wasn't allowed to subtitute a bowl of "soup-of-the-day" for her kids-meal side. I would have paid a buck or so for the luxury of the substitute, but was denied. A half-ladel of soup, Joey's, that's all we wanted! Inflexibility is poor customer service, in my opinion.

There was only one actual wait-staff on shift. She had at least 10 tables she was serving, and kept up pretty good. There was another chap there, perhaps the manager or owner? He was providing assistance, but thought he should have been dressed a little nicer if he's working the front-of-house. I could see that even the kitchen staff even looked more professional.

The food took about 5 minutes longer to come to the table than I would have liked. The kids were getting a little restless. I could tell that the kitchen was dealing with a lot of take-out orders in addition to the dining room orders. In a place that does a brisk take-out business, I always wonder if dining room orders aren't given the highest priority.

I'd go back again, next time I'm in the mood for some fish. Might do take-out though.

• Visited January 2013
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“ok”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

fish was ok, fries old and cold not a good combo. wont go bsck

1 Thank Dale L
JoeysCanada, Public Relations Manager at Joey's Seafood Restaurants - Kitchener, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Hi Dale, just checking in to see if you've had the chance to try Joey's again since your last review? If you could give us more information on your experience at info@joeys.ca, we would appreciate the opportunity to provide better experiences for you moving forward. Thanks - Joey's