“Rude and tasteless”

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I went there with one of my friend. We ordered the spring rolls as an appetizer and the pho. It all came at once! The rolls were blend tasting. The meat in the pho was all fatty slices and the broth looked way too old. I ordered an avocado milkshake and it was sour. I complained to the owner and he yelled saying it was fine. I could tell he knew I was right but acted it was fine.My friend took a sip and tasted the sourness. He was screaming at me saying I was unbelievable . I did get a new one but he told me don't order it again.I will never go back there. Do not bother tipping because the service was non existant. Horrible place.

There are newer reviews for Pho Dau Bo

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were in the mood for some good Vietnamese food and and seen this restaurant many times but had never stopped in. Even though it was relative a summer Saturday, the place was virtually empty - and no one on the patio - but we decided to give it a try. The menu lists many of the same dishes - and in the sometime bewildering variety I have seen in other Vietnamese restaurants. But this experience fell far short of that available at other local Vietnamese restaurants. First, the service was virtually non-existence. The server seemed more interested in chatting with the other customers, who appeared to be his friends - before returning to drying chop sticks on a table to one side of the dining room - next to a table piled high with bags of hard candy. We eventually got the servers attention and gave him our order. The dishes came out in no logical order - an appetizer and then a main. Then a soup - with no bowls - then another appetizer and, after a long wait, fine final main. The spring rolls were dry and tasteless. The soup we ordered - rare beef with tripe - came with over-cooked beef with virtually no tripe. They were out of the beers we orders and it took ten minutes and two trips to the bar to get a beer they had in stock. My partners "spicy" seafood curry was bland and stuffed with over-cooked carrots. My "spicy" squid tasted off - a combination of a sweet sauce I could not identify and squid that was nearing the end of its safe shelf-life. When I wanted a second beer, I had to find the server who was still busy drying chop sticks. When it came to to leave, he was too "busy" (lots of wet chop sticks), apparently to bring us our bill. The management needs desperately to provide some customer service training - even basic skills such as checking on customers during the meal, how to serve properly, and to deal with dish-washing chores outside the dining room (and to not use the dining room as a storage area for supplies). A little more attention to the quality of the food preparation would be helpful, too.

1  Thank ToruismDoc
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Came to this local restaurant and was quite confused by the menu. I told the waitress i wanted the brisket rice noodle soup, and she told me it is very fatty. Well if it is fatty and you're telling me that, why list it on the menu? Later my business colleague and I ordered an appetizer, xoup and our entrees. It all came out 10 minutes later and all at once! It was overwhelming! The portions were huge and very tasty. We ordered 2 glasses of water, and they came out half filled! Place was somewhat busy on a week night. Parking can be found outside on the street. I personally would not come back. They also don't take AMEX.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The food was good and prices were reasonable. We had a large group of about 20 and there was some confusion about who ordered what.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was here last summer (2011) and was impressed. But today I had Bun Thit with grilled pork and pork meatballs -- the noodles were overdone (too soft to eat with chop sticks), the grilled pork was in two very large pieces and too tough to separate with chop sticks, and it just wasn't that flavorful.

It's a longer walk from my hotel to Pho 95, but it's worth it...