“Simple in a good way”

Ranked #28 of 541 Restaurants in Kitchener
Cuisines: International, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Belmont Bistro (Formerly The Village Creperie) is tucked away in the heart of cozy Belmont Village, just minutes from downtown Waterloo. Service is friendly, casual and light-hearted. The Belmont is a family run restaurant, with approachable staff and a friendly feel, you will be right at home in this unique spot.White tablecloths create an atmosphere of relaxed sophistication. Sit along one of the old-fashioned church benches to have a snack and a glass of wine, a pint of the feature brew at one of the seats along the large Granite bar, a classy dinner date or relaxed brunch at one of our tables. We offer wines from many regions,cocktails and more. Chef Brandon Gries, a graduate of The Stratford Chefs School changes the menu every week. He enjoys making a wide range of International and North American classics, and takes pride in creating playful and crowd-pleasing dishes of his own. Enjoy something off of the small plate menu at dinner, or the ever-changing chalkboard of entree specials. On weekends, The Belmont serves traditional brunch items with a playful twist, and also stays true to the Creperie roots with classic Buckwheat Galettes. The Belmont serves lunch during the week and the menu is full of a variety of Lunch Crepes,salads and other Bistro fare.
Ontario
“Simple in a good way”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I ordered the saumon et moutarde. It had the taste and spiciness of fresh mustard and a huge steak of salmon wrapped in a crepe. Simple accompanying salad. Portions were good (not stuffed, not hungry either). Quality ingredients, not dressed up, that lets the flavour or each ingredient come through.
Go if you like quality food for a reasonable price. Don't bother if you want large cheap amounts of garbage food. I didn't try the sweet crepes but that is what I will try next time... Caramel crepe with fresh fruits... here I come!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank AverageLooksGood

Kitchener, Canada
“Excellent Food, Great for dietary Needs”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Really yummy! We have several dietary restrictions and this venue was completely accommodating. Not overly expensive, cosy atmosphere, nice location. I highly recommend it and I plan to return.

• Visited May 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“The Real Housewives of Kitchener-Waterloo”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a girls day @ The BelmontVillage and stopped in for lunch. We were all pleased with our delicious food and the atmosphere of the little bistro was lovely!

• Visited April 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Worth It”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went with a friend and was blown away!!
After browsing the adorable Belmont Village we looked in to several of the other restaurants and decided on the 'Village Creperie'.
Walked in to an impeccably clean and beautifully decorated restaurant. The menu was simple but fabulous. After some Prosecco both my friend and I decided on the 'Salmon et moutarde' and WOW were we impressed.
Not only did both Crêpes come quickly but they were AMAZING! The crepe was light, the salmon cooked perfectly and the dressing....if i could buy bottles of the stuff i would have. (Creamy Dill (almost ranch style...must have been buttermilk), Grainy Mustard & Garlic Dressing...pure heaven.
The side salad was light and fresh, and we shared the featured dessert, an amazing Apple Tart that was as good a tart as I have ever had.

Went on a whim
Will go back on purpose.

• Visited January 2013
Ontario
“Crepes like I've never had them before!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I'm not sure what to say other than delicious dinner crepes and desserts! Atmosphere is much nicer inside than I thought it would be based on the exterior of the restaurant. Service was great as well! Price I found to be a bit high but the great food made up for it. Our dinner for 4 was $140 but that included 3 beers and a glass of wine.

Visited July 2012