“Very Impressed”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We ate at Verses last night for our Anniversary and we were so impressed! We have been meaning to try this restaurant for years but we aren't big on going to the Kitchener Downtown area so we have avoided it... to our disadvantage! The food was fantastic and the service was amazing. We very much enjoyed our night and will definitely be back! Yes, it is a bit on the pricier side but worth it! Now one of our favourite restaurants anywhere :) Highly recommended is the scallops or the salmon apply, the Elk main dish and the market fish (can't remember the kind).

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We go there every year for our anniversary for lunch. Service is great and food is excellent.
I had the veal involtini which was stuffed with spinach, white asparagus and goat cheese.
It was very tender and delicious. This came with poppy seed spaetzle and patty pan yellow
squash and served with sherry reduction. The portion size was ample. My husband had the
3 course fixed lunch menu for $25. He had appertizer of mixed argilla greens with two deep
fried fish cakes. For the main course he had pork stuffed with mashed sweet potatoes and
patty pan squash. The pork was excellent, the sweet potatoes were too mushy and not very good. For dessert he had lemon cheesecake with ginger cookie, sorbert scope and
pineapple drizzle. It was delicious. The plate of desserts came with the words "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate around the plate. I would definitely go back again. This is an old church they made into a restaurant and you can actually sit on the alter. They have three tables there. They seem to have that special touch for making any occasion very, very special.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was my second visit to this restaurant, the first was a wedding of 100+ guests where my husband and I agreed that the food served was the best we have ever had at a wedding (until our own wedding in D.C!). For this recent visit, I had lunch with a girl friend. We both thoroughly enjoyed every bite of our sumptuous three course meal, as well as the unique ambience in this former church. The service was exceptional; friendly and professional. I had a tarte with creamy Quebec cheese and mushrooms (portobello if I recall) and I loved that it was mostly the quantity of mushrooms that dominated the tarte without being too rich with cheese, easing my health-conscious guilt a little! For the main dish, I had the vegetarian-friendly Garden Napolean which was also loaded with vegetables and featured a unique side I've never had the pleasure of tasting before - a brûléed tofu with lemon and thyme. Delicious! We both enjoyed our desserts too and my friend's smoked salmon appetizer was excellent too. The owner, Deb, made a stop at our table to ask how everything was which is also a nice touch.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The roo was delightful following the foie gras and Sauternes. Service was impeccable. And don't miss out on the summerlicious menu, tue to Friday. We often stop by after work just to have a martini and appetizer.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Verses is one of my favourite restaurants in the K-W area for extremely fine dining. The menu features a generous number of appetizers, salads and a wonderful selection of entrees all made with the freshest and for the most seasonal, local ingredients. Presentation of the food is beautiful and worthy of a picture or two and lots of east conversation. The hostess, Debbie is very welcoming and the staff are extremely well versed in serving with style and grace found only in the best restaurants where staff are highly trained and take their art seriously.
The setting in an old church is peaceful and beautiful. Verses is well worth a visit either from the traveller through town or from lucky locals who come here with delight and enthusiasm, looking forward to the next meal after I have left.