“Simply Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Verses Restaurant - CLOSED

Verses Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Australia
“Simply Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have now eaten at Verses twice and both experiences have been amazing. The decor is unique as the building is an old church and the team have done a wonderful job with ensuring the setting is warm and inviting. The service itself is very professional, knowledgable, attentive & overall wonderful. The wine list is well constructed as it caters to all price ranges with good quality and selection. The food and menu is very well done with the contemporary french feel that is executed very, very well. This is the perfect place for special occasions as it's not cheep for the every day guest however when you get the chance it is worth every dollar. I have been during Christmas and this was especially amazing as there was a very impressive floor to ceiling Christmas Tree that truly made the entire restaurant feel festive and exciting.
A great restaurant and a must do if you have the opportunity.
Keep up the great work Verses team!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Depcan

Milverton, Ontario, Canada
“Divine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is the best restaurant I have ever eaten at...in my life. And I have eaten at a lot of restaurants! The food speaks for itself. Delish! The service? Bar none! I have eaten here since it opened a total of perhaps 6 times. Deb and the servers all recognize me and take the time to come over and speak to my table. They actually remember the last time I was there! I love the pre-fixed menu's because like most of us, I cannot afford to eat there as often as I would like.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Kim R
Waterloo, Canada
“Smart food, great experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have been to Verses several times for splurge dinners like anniversaries and birthdays. If you set your budget accordingly, you will have an amazing experience. I am also happy to support local people doing extraordinary things with food. In fact, we loved Verses so much we got married there. Can't wait for my next visit.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank RCWaterloo
“Outstanding cuisine and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The food was outstanding. Amazing ostrich and lamb. Atmosphere like none other. Very impressive and highly recommended.

Guelph Ontario Canada
“Gorgeous especially at Christmas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

The food is terrific and the setting is unique. Highly recommend it. At Christmas there was a floor to ceiling tree that was absolutely stunning.

Visited December 2011