“Outstanding cuisine and atmosphere!”
Review of Verses Restaurant - CLOSED

Verses Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The food was outstanding. Amazing ostrich and lamb. Atmosphere like none other. Very impressive and highly recommended.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The food is terrific and the setting is unique. Highly recommend it. At Christmas there was a floor to ceiling tree that was absolutely stunning.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have eaten here 4 or 5 times. The food has always been good. The atmosphere is great ... formerly a church ... soft lighting, quiet atmosphere.

But the prices are steep. You can find better value for your money in Kitchener.

It may have been a one off ... but last time I found the staff to be a little condescending.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I showed up before they were actually open for dinner service (I believe they close down for a few hours between lunch and dinner to prep for the evening service).
The hostess let me in, and brought me wine and just let me enjoy the whole dining room area to myself. The chef even offered to make something for me while I waited for guests, as I was about an hour early. Nice homemade breads and elegant food. I tried the sweet potato cannoli which was made with a parmesan "cannoli shell". They also serve game like elk, venison etc on the menu.
The atmosphere is a conversation piece in itself as the restaurant is in a converted church.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nice ambiance, good service, and delicious dishes.
Prices are a higher than other restaurants but it is highly recommended for special events.