“Not great, not terrible - 3 stars”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rum Runner Pub - CLOSED

Rum Runner Pub
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Neighborhood: City Commercial Core
Superior, Wisconsin
“Not great, not terrible - 3 stars”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stopped in after work for dinner and a beer. They had a pretty good selection of brews on tap, but I stopped looking at the rest of them when I saw the Waterloo Dark Lager. Ordered one and enjoyed it.

They were just near the end of a 2-3 week Cajun/Blues special menu for the Bluesfest. I ordered the mussels of that special menu and they were fairly good. A bit gritty at times, and fairly small meat pieces - not your jumbo mussels, that's for sure. Came in a good broth with cooked bell pepper and onion slices. Two slices of garlic bread. I didn't want a heavy meal and this filled the bill.

I sat at the bar and the bar staff was friendly and attentive. Overall, the experience was fine, but I would put this place somewhere in the middle of the road - thus the 3 stars.

• Visited August 2013

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“Love the History”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have had quite a few memories here.

I love playing pool, and soaking in it's history.

Ive gone to the murder mystery dinner, and a few times with friends.

The alcohol is great and they will accomodate whatever you want.

If you want something fancy to eat, don't go here. It is pretty casual dining.

Maybe they should change up the menu a bit, add some sizzle to it.

Other than that, it has great memories.

Visited July 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Dinner before Yuk Yuk's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were here with a bunch of friends. I ordered the cajun burger and my husband ordered the one with pulled pork. I was impressed with the pattie and melted cheese, however, I found the buns to be weak (they were to soft and flat). My husband and other friends had similar opinions about the buns. The sweet potato fries were delicious and their regular fries was pretty good. As for the price, it was an ok price. The service was excellent.

• Visited May 2013
Cambridge, Canada
“Great place for dinner before the show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had dinner here before Yuk Yuks. Three of us had burgers (2 Cajun and one regular) and all were amazing. The others had a wrap, quesadilla and a smoked salmon dish on potato pancakes. All were very good and the pricing was average. Our waitress was fantastic although the kitchen service was a bit slow but it was fine as we were in no rush and made reservations with plenty of time in mind. I would go back again and would recommend it even if your not going to the comedy club.

Visited April 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Reunion birthday party”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were seated in a little alcove they called the vault and we had our own private birthday party. The food was excellent and plentiful, our waitress swamped but very pleasant and the prices for both beverages and meals was excellent. Really enjoyed our time there.

Visited March 2013