“Love the History”

Cuisines: Pub
Neighborhood: City Commercial Core
Neighborhood: City Commercial Core
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have had quite a few memories here.

I love playing pool, and soaking in it's history.

Ive gone to the murder mystery dinner, and a few times with friends.

The alcohol is great and they will accomodate whatever you want.

If you want something fancy to eat, don't go here. It is pretty casual dining.

Maybe they should change up the menu a bit, add some sizzle to it.

Other than that, it has great memories.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were here with a bunch of friends. I ordered the cajun burger and my husband ordered the one with pulled pork. I was impressed with the pattie and melted cheese, however, I found the buns to be weak (they were to soft and flat). My husband and other friends had similar opinions about the buns. The sweet potato fries were delicious and their regular fries was pretty good. As for the price, it was an ok price. The service was excellent.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had dinner here before Yuk Yuks. Three of us had burgers (2 Cajun and one regular) and all were amazing. The others had a wrap, quesadilla and a smoked salmon dish on potato pancakes. All were very good and the pricing was average. Our waitress was fantastic although the kitchen service was a bit slow but it was fine as we were in no rush and made reservations with plenty of time in mind. I would go back again and would recommend it even if your not going to the comedy club.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were seated in a little alcove they called the vault and we had our own private birthday party. The food was excellent and plentiful, our waitress swamped but very pleasant and the prices for both beverages and meals was excellent. Really enjoyed our time there.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The bar is hidden underground off the main strip. If you tried the door most of them are locked and you have to randomly try the doors the first time. The drunks, homeless and other persons outside camped in an business doorway next door make this not a date night with a lady who scares easily.

The place is dated with Tube TVs and obviously in need of a "bar rescue" / make over. They do invite various social groups to meet there for free but the food you get is mixed. Yes the burgers are great but don't order any of the mains, they would make any real chef go postal.

Yuk Yuk's is attached to the bar but I can not speak to this service. Though I think perhaps the food comes from the same kitchen , order the burger you will be very happy. I give it a poor on all food other than the Burger which gets an excellent

In the end. The food is just not good enough to get a pass other than burger. The beer is good selection but you would not bring any sort of date here unless you felt she was very secure in you as a body guard or was very street wise.

I'd take a pass on this place if I were you.