“Nice family run restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Japanese Taka Restaurant - CLOSED

Japanese Taka Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Waterloo, Canada
“Nice family run restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Taka is located in a small strip plaza. The decor is in need of updating but the quality of food and service make up for it.

A good mix of Korean and Japanese foods. The Bibimbap is the best in KW.

• Visited September 2013

Waterloo, Canada
“Best Sushi in Waterloo Region”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

To all you folks who love the all you can eat sushi restaurants, you are missing out on the best sushi in town! Just returned from my first visit and nothing comes remotely close to how fresh the ingredients are. While there, we overheard two other tables raving about the food. We were welcomed the moment we entered and after being seated, we were given some hot tea which was nice on a chilly afternoon. I had the Yaka dinner: 6 rolls, 13 assorted sushi plus salad and miso soup to start. Wonderful! Service is friendly, efficient and I appreciated the server and the gentlemen who prepared our sushi rolls coming over to make sure we were pleased. The decor needs some updating~they offer some "private" booths that have curtains for a more intimate experience. It is now the only place I will go for sushi in Waterloo Region.

• Visited September 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Skip the all you can eat places and go here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have been enjoying this restaurant a few times a year over the past 10 years. Once you get past the tired decor you will find that the sushi is the freshest in town. We originally ate in the restaurant, but have found over the years it is just as easy to call and order take out.

My husband and I always order the same meals. Kame Sushi for him, which comes with 9 pieces of sushi, 6 maki, miso soup and salad. I get the Mini Sushi 6 pieces of sushi, 6 maki, miso soup and salad. All of this for just $32 - you can't go wrong. Occasionally we also get a Spicy Salmon Hand Roll as well, if we are extra hungry.

The sushi pieces are large and not overloaded with rice like at the all you can eat places.

All in all this place is well worth a visit and the sushi is always fresh.

• Visited April 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Best sushi in town!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I love sushi. I love eating sushi at various restaurants, but none is more of a favourite for me than eating at Taka. The sushi is consistently fresh and flavourful, as are the other dishes they offer. The owners are incredibly friendly. I absolutely love Taka!

Visited March 2013
“Better than all-u-can-eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

If u want to try good japanese food never go for all u can eat places. I always prefer quality over quantity. Their food is homemade and servings are generous. Complimentary salad was good. Our maki rolls were good and not pricey. The owner Joe was really nice. We will definitely come back.