“The Saltiest Experience”

Red Lobster
Ranked #87 of 553 Restaurants in Kitchener
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Party of three, celebrating our daughter birthday. Good service, polite staff BUT what ruined our evening was the food awfully salted -lobster, squid, shrimp, broccoli, etc.- all our orders were extremely loaded with salt. Used to be my wife and our daughter's preferred place for birthdays and special occasions. So far NO intention of going back. Manager approached our table to apologize mentioning this is an ongoing issue that has been unattended by corporate. After this fiasco, we have decided to stick to Fifty's and other alternatives.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My partner and I were in Kitchener for a quick family get together. We were quite hungry when we pulled into Kitchener and decided to try Red Lobster. The last time I ate at a Red Lobster was about 10 years ago and my partner had not been there at all.

Unfortunately, the restaurant had an odour that was very distinct. Not sure if it was the carpeting that appeared extremely dirty and well worn or the sheer volume of old dusty barn board. Needless to say, we planned to eat quickly.

We ordered a lobster pizza and shared an order of mussels. The pizza was good but very salty. The mussels had seen better days and were not particularly fresh. The service was great and professional. The food quality was not up to par and we basically both decided we will not be returning to a Red Lobster, located anywhere, in the future because of this.

1  Thank restless1965
Reviewed August 15, 2013

All food heavy and most deep fried.I would not try this again.I prefer healthier options when dining out.

1  Thank Laurie C
Reviewed July 30, 2013

On the commercials, Red Lobster is shown as a bright, sunny experience full of fresh, light seafood. OI found that my experience was the exact opposite.

When I walked into the restaurant, I found that I felt as though I was walking onto a lobster catching ship. It was dark, dingy, and very squishy. It was the polar opposite of the bright advertisement I've seen on T.V. I felt seasick.

On top of that, the service wasn't great. It was very slow. THe food was very expensive. My grandma and I decided to get a seafood platter to share. When it arrived, it was a tiny bit of seafood on top, and a boatload of plain spaghetti on the bottom. THe seafood was rich and made me feel very sick, and the pasta was drenched in thick tasting, rich clam juice. I felt so sick after my meal that day that I felt sick talking about it hours later.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Was looking forward to visiting Red Lobster after not being in the area for a while. Was supremely disappointed. Should have flushed the money down the toilet. I ordered the seaside sampler appetizer, which arrived on a nice hot plate. However, the shrimp for the cocktail was limp and warm. Horrid! The stuffed mushroom caps looked and tasted like they came out of the dirty dishwater. I did complain. No manager even came near the table. The server said it was removed from my bill. However, I should not have taken her word. When I arrived home later this evening, I checked the bill and it was still on. I was truly pissed off!

1  Thank lucilleOntarioCanada