“Disappointment”

Metro Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 558 Restaurants in Kitchener
Cuisines: European, German, Czech, Slovenian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: There are many restaurants across the Czech Republic that serve mostly schnitzel in the same way we do here at the Metro. No matter what schnitzel you choose from our menu, we hope you truly enjoy this traditional dish as much as we enjoy serving it!
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I and 6 friends were at your restaurant last Saturday night for dinner. I had been bragging about the schnitzel to them, as we had eaten there numerous times before and enjoyed it very much.
However, this time was very disappointing.

1. The schnitzel was dry and not up to the usual standard.
2. The waiter (he did not give us his name) was not very friendly or helpful. He proceeded to add the gratuity to our bill and a $2.00 charge for sharing a meal. This was not conveyed to us by our waiter.

It will be difficult to recommend your restaurant to our friends due to the circumstances of our last visit.

Ron B.

3  Thank Ronald B

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Kitchener market recommended this place and glad they recommended it. Took my parents there because it was German style, something you don't see too often in Pickering. Ordered the Champion schnitzel based on server's recommendations and enjoyed every bit, moist with light breading and mushroom sauce. Other dishes were Hungarian goulash and cabbage rolls, parents enjoyed it as well, very tasty and well prepared.
Warning, these dishes are big and the main entrees do start at $15 but well worth it.
If you're a tourist looking for something different, check this place out!
Thought it was strange they had one server for a saturday lunch hour.

2  Thank drfeelgood99
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This restaurant has the best weiner schnitzel ever. It has a variety of german type dishes and a few hungarian. The best deal is the Metro Platter for two. There is actually enough food for four people. 4 different varieties of schnitzel plus two sides for ea person. If you prefer one variety ie gypsy you can have 4 gypsys instead of the variety of 4. with choice of soup or salad. and you get a side of garlic cheese bread. I believe the price for a Metro Platter for two is something like $34. If ordered individually the cost for one meal is $15.

It is a small but quaint restaurant on Victoria St in Kitchener. I believe it opens at 4 p.m
Also has a small outdoor patio.

serves alcohol.

2  Thank JacquelineBest
Reviewed July 15, 2013

if you need a schnitzel experience, Metro is the place to go. Been there a couple times, it great selections,

1  Thank Tweety_Panda
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This restaurant makes sure everybody knows they have been in business service schnitzels since 1961, but surely they haven't survived for so long serving poor food like they serve today!?!

I had the Champignon (mushroom) Schnitzel here yesterday. The schnitzel was OK, the mushroom sauce was completely tasteless, the red cabbage was pink and OK-ish, and the home fries (fried potatoes) were terrible! The potatoes were fried with the skin on, and were totally mushy/soggy, and the heap of potatoes looked disgusting and I simply couldn't eat them.
And when I pointed it out, the waitress just said "oh, sorry"......
So although the schnitzel itself may have been OK, dinner as a whole was a disaster.

I have had some absolutely delicious schnitzels in Germany!
I have lived in the Toronto area for 25 years and know of three great places for schnitzels:
Greystones in Aurora is the best.
The Musket in Toronto
And the Old Country Inn in Unionville.
So will I ever be back for schnitzel in Metro? Never ever!

2  Thank raggarbil