“A very pleasant dining experience. The Seafood place to go in Kitchener”
Review of King Crab Oyster Bar and Grill - CLOSED

King Crab Oyster Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Corner of Victoria and River
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were very surprised at the quality of food and the excellent service provided. We had a craving for seafood, but didn't care for the other seafood places in town. We were met at the door by the owner, (Brian) and escorted to our seats. The open concept of the dining and cooking area were appealing. Presentation was magnificent and the serving size generous. The Lobster platter was a meal for two, especially when you added the appetizers and salad. I had to bring the veggies and mac & cheese home for munchies later. All in all, Definitely on our GoTo List. We'll have to try out Brian's other place, The King St Trio in Waterloo.
Ps, Check out the weather vane on the roof.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Went here on a date with my wife. We order some oysters which were good, as well as the monkfish and sea bass for our mains. The sea bass was way over cooked, borderline burnt, with a vegetable side mixture that wasn't that great as well. The monkfish was a little better, but nothing special. Service also was slow for a night with no many customers. Took 25 minutes to get the bill once we asked for it.

1  Thank MEC2006
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a very disappointing restaurant. The food is bland, the room noisy and the prices remarkably high. The other reviews seem to be describing a very different restaurant. At best this is a mediocre restaurant. But, at that the food is seriously overpriced.

2  Thank Ken C
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Normally going to a restaurant leaves me walking away feeling slightly off. I walk away thinking, I probably could have done better; at King Crab "NOT SO MUCH SO". Actually the only improvement I could suggest would have been to put in a mirrored ceiling so you could better watch the Chef's.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Going to King Crab has always been a treat and I go here for almost every special occassion. I love the atmosphere as it is very romantic and cozy since the restaurant isn't very big. I actually really don't like seafood which is funny that this is my favourite restaurant, but I go here for their caesar salad and filet mignon. Hands down, I have never had a ceasar salad as good as they make here and the filet mignon just melts in your mouth ( it's bacon wrapped too!). Its always best to get the frites as a side with your meal as they are crispy home-made fries and are to die for. I have been here many times now and have never had a dissapointing meal and I have always found they have good portion sizes too. If you are feeling up to dessert after your meal, I would highly recommend their filo wrapped cheesecake... its incredible and is one of the best desserts around.
Don't be scared away by their higher prices either as their food truly is worth it. Give King Crab a try, I promise you won't regret it!

1  Thank Shannon V