“Kitchener-Waterloo's Best Dim Sum !”

Cameron Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 537 Restaurants in Kitchener
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“Kitchener-Waterloo's Best Dim Sum !”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you're a big Dim Sum fan, you'll love this place ! The food is always fresh and hot and they serve the best hot & sour soup I've ever tasted. Dim Sum is only served till 3pm, so don't plan it for dinner and be prepared to wait for a table at noon. Another one of our favourite dishes on the menu is called "Sesame Walnut Shrimp". I asure you, it will make you a believer ! This is one place I've never left disappointed.

Kitchener
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Food is consistently good. Fresh vegetables are not overcooked. Sesame walnut shrimp is FABULOUS. We cannot find Chinese food elsewhere that we enjoy as much as Cameron's. We frequently use the

Visited March 2012
Kitchener, Canada
“service wasn't very good.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We arrived before 5 PM and the restaurant was bascially empty. We were seated in a dark corner and when we asked if we could move to another table, we were told no.

2 Thank Sandy M
“Not worth it anymore”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

For the past 10 years I have been going to Cameron for dim sum and I have never had any problem with the service. Yeah, I get it the price of things goes up as time passes by but come on....... HOT SAUCE???? First one is free, 50 cents for the second and so on. That's like charging for ketchup. On top of that 5 people sharing one small pack of 'Ketchup"?

So this was how it started. I got there around 11:30am thinking I wouldn't have to wait so long for a table. I had a good plan, get table, order food and by the time everyone gets here eat and go. Anyhow my number was called by the owner, and he looked around and only sees me. "Your friends here?" he asked. I got up and walked to the front, "On their way. I'll go in and wait." He looked unhappy, "NO, you go sit back down." and that was it. I was so embarrassed. One lady that was there before me waiting for her party too, burst out, "I thought it was first come first serve?" I went and sat down quietly. Shortly after, my friends got there and we waited another 10 minutes before we were rudely called again.

When the food came, we ordered 2 of everything. Also, I ordered extra for takeout. During the meal we wanted to place a separate takeout order, not knowing their new policy: eat and get out! The waitress came back and told us, you have to order all at once cuz is too busy`, chef can`t do takeout. That`s when we were told that we have to go wait out there (the waiting area) and order takeout. By this time the bill came and we didn’t ask for it. We were getting frustrated, short service, short sauce, short supplies, and now short tempers. The bill was not separated and that took another drama to get it separated. So at the end of the whole thing, my friend calmly said, “By the way the service is getting really bad.” Guess what the front clerk answered back? “You don’t have to tell it to us; you don’t have to come back.”

I know they get a lot of business and their food is good but that should not give them the right to treat customers like this.

6 Thank OpenMic
toronto
“rather disappointing”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We went here because we like and eat a lot of chinese food, and it had been recommended. We arrived near closing time but not so late that they couldn't serve us..
I felt that it was overpriced for what it was. it wasn't bad but it certainly wasn't great. Yes, they've tried to create a "sophisticated" environment, but they are charging you for that, because the food doesn't justify it, at least not what we had.
The food. I think the ingredients were fine but the cooking was careless: the chicken was overcooked. The cooking oil taste came through in every dish as having been used too many times already. For the deepfried dish, this was especially obvious. But even the stirfry tasted like they had not really bothered to clean the pan first. As someone else said, I had the impression of a certain institutional arrogance, as if these basic things were no longer important to them.
The waitress had trouble communicating clearly to us in English.

I would try it again perhaps for the dim sum, as other people seem to think it is very good. But I would be in no hurry to pay these inflated prices for what I consider inferior food. We ate at Fu Lok in Woodstock a few nights later for about half the price and the food was twice as good! The irony was not lost on us. But, no, Fu Lok doesn't have the fancy black decor, if that's what you need. I prefer more light.

4 Thank loo