“The Prime Rib is the Best”

Golf's Steakhouse and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Golf's Steakhouse and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 541 Restaurants in Kitchener
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: between Bridge and Bridgeport
Kitchener
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Prime Rib is the Best”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

What a great place to enjoy some great food - Ask for the terrace - great view. Traveled many places but the prime rib is the best here.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Darryn C

Kitchener, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jello from the salad bar??”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Recently went here with my partner's family for an anniversary dinner. When I first arrived - we were confronted with a wedding party taking photos in front of the only doors up to the dining room. We were seated in a private dining area, which was great to be upgraded due to someone else canceling their reservation.
The one thing that I can not wrap my head around is the fact that there are no vegetarian/vegan options? (I know on the regular menu there are a few options) but on the special occasions menu there is not. Just meat, meat and more meat. I love sweet potato fries, but it seems a bit odd that fries are an option for a fine dining place.
When dessert was brought out to us, I was pretty devestated to see that it was some fancy sort of ice cream. When asking the server if they offer a non-dairy option (because why would I eat ice cream when it'd make me so sick?).. they said "No, just the jello in the salad bar". Excuse me? When you're spending x amount of dollars to eat at a fine dining place, you'd assume they'd have options for any type of clientele. And to offer someone salad bar jello as a fine dining dessert is a bit of an insult.
Needless to say, I won't be going back. Not even for a special occasion.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SpadesIsAmber
Ontario Canada
“Not the best”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you want a fine dining experience and NOT be surrounded by blue jeans and guys who wear baseball caps at the table, go somewhere else. When I spend more than $150. for a dinner with a walk up salad bar featuring the same pickled salads that were served years on end, and have to sit around red necks drinking from their beer bottles, I will choose another place. Don't bother to complain about the food or service as you will be advised that they don't really need your business and have excellent clientele who appreciate the fine china. Try a place that is really trying to make a name for themselves rather than ride on the history of their past.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank KeithinAberfoyle
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The food is just so so and the service is certainly not the fine dining experience you would expect. It is a nice place. Was once our favourite place to eat however I think they should opt to increase their prices a little instead of sacrificing the quality of the food.

England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Service in a Traditional Family Owned Steak House”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've been eating at Golf's since I was a little girl, and it's still owned by the same person. It was one of the first 'fancy' restaurants my late Dad took my Mom and I to. Actually, the atmosphere is really casual, but also very elegant. You can walk in here in jeans and feel comfortable. You can eat as much or as little as you like, and ever main course includes soup, garlic bread and a visit to their huge salad bar. Their Prime Rib is amazing, their steaks fantastic and their seafood is excellent too. (The Orange Roughy has been a favourite of mine for years, and their Crab Legs are too.) This visit was with my husband and son and my cousins and once again, we had a wonderful time. Ask to sit in the part of the restaurant overlooking the river - or ask for a booth if you want an intimate meal. Value for money here is second to none.

• Visited January 2013