“Enjoyable”

Golf's Steakhouse and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Golf's Steakhouse and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 572 Restaurants in Kitchener
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: between Bridge and Bridgeport
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Only been here once. Very old fashioned but service was good. I think that could do with updating thier menu. People have gotten away from large plates of food and now prefare a simpler presentation. Food wasn't bad though

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with our visit,after reading some not-so-positive reviews. Some friends invited us out to Golf's. We had seating along the windows, very nice view. More importantly though, our experience throughout the evening was very good. The server was attentive in a relaxed way. Very knowledgeable and professional. My wife needs glutenfree, our server knew right away exactly what was suitable and what not. As for the food: Several of us had steak, I had chicken cordon bleu. They have a good fish selection as well. All entrees come with salad bar and soup. Soup was excellent, as was the salad bar. Not just your generic salads, rather well prepared dishes. The steaks and the chicken were very good, what I would call an 8 out of 10. For dessert we had cheese cakes and a raspberry cake. These were excellent, probably among the best I have ever had even in much more expensive restaurants. Prices in the $20s for the entrees, well worth it. Going again for sure.

2  Thank Jigger128
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Golf's is famous for its steaks, which were ok, but if you want a really good steak, I'd go someplace else. Their salad buffet is awful, full of canned, bland, generic choices, not commensurate with the prices you pay. The service was good, and the view (if you get it) is ok, overlooking the river. It is full of old people, if that says anything.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My friend and I went for the Sunday Brunch at this wonderful Steak House. We were both very happy with our meal and the attentive service by the staff. The salad bar was fairly good with lots of the usual items that are staples of "Salad Bar" fare. The choice of main items was excellent. I enjoyed a small portion of each of mains with the exception of the lasagna. The roast beef was done to perfection and so was the roast chicken. My date really loved the chicken also. The breakfast portions of the meals were also extremely good. The bacon was crispy; the sausage was cooked to my liking. The scrambled eggs were moist and delicious. I wanted to try the Belgian Waffles but was saving room for one of the great looking desserts. I settled on a small piece of decadent chocolate cake. YUMMY!!!
My date and I will certainly return for another Sunday Brunch in the near future. We found this to be a wonderful food experience. The view over the river on this sunny Sunday was GREAT.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The salad bar is always good with an average selection. Good salads. The entrees are expensive. People usually go there to celebrate because of the location. Good location for wedding receptions. The decor needs an update in the restaurant. It is dated and tired.