“Bizarre Manager”

Add it.
Crabby Joe's Tap & Grill
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Bar, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: Crabby Joe's Tap & Grill offers a casual, relaxed family friendly restaurant and bar experience and a menu with something for everyone. Good Food... Good Fun... Bad Temper!
Kitchener, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bizarre Manager”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Went to the Crabby Joe for a dinner with my girlfriend. Was sure to bring my Treasure Card for a good deal. The store manger paced the store giving patrons dirty looks and made my girlfriend feel very uncomfortable. A side from this the music was overly loud and took away from our diner conversation. Gave a nightclub feeling not a enjoyable dinner feeling. Waitress was very pleasant and nice.

Food was decent. At the end of the meal before the bill was totalled I displayed my treasure card. The creepy manager refused to honour our treasure card. Stating he only would honour it on the mobile app and not the card. He was not man enough to say this to me, he told it to our waitress and had her come tell me. I looked at him and and he would not look back at me. He had no problem giving my girlfriend dirty looks as he walked passed her throughout the meal. But when it came to looking at me he wouldn't.

So for the sake of not giving me my $5 off; Crabby Joes has lost a customer for life. I will never return to this or any location. And the manager wasn't man enough to come to me with his concerns. Seriously, my worst dating experience ever.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank John B

Ontario,Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lots of fast food joints are better then this...”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Came in for lunch with wife and two kids , kids had burgers, wife burger also and I challenged Rustic Penne pasta. Also had reheated from frozen, garlic bread.My wifes burger bun was rock hard, revived from frozen land as well, and my pasta seemed like it was precooked and sat in a pot filled with water all day. Paid for kids meals and pop. Service was ok though. Not again, ever.

• Visited August 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Skip it”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I think there are better places to spend my hard earned money. There is nothing about this restaurant that is excellent and there are better chains for this type of food.

Alberta, Canada
“Mold!!!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I went to Crabby Joe's for dinner before leaving for the airport. She had a sandwich, a simple clubhouse. I had finished eating when I looked to see that she hadn't gotten half way through her meal, I asked if it was ok? She replied that the bread was so hard she could hardly chew it and illustrated by banging a piece on the plate, it clinked but didn't bend or shatter. Then I really looked at her sandwich, there was MOLD on the bread. I flagged down the wait staff, she got the manager. He very kindly apologized & removed the cost from the bill, unfortunately he ended his apology with, "look at it this way, you got a dose of penecillin". What? Really, that's what you have to say about moldy bread served to a customer? Penecillin!

Visited June 2013
Avondale, Arizona
“A fine place for food, visiting and sports TV”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My first visit to Crabby Joe's and I thought it was fine. A casual style restaurant with polite and efficient staff. I ordered a burger and it came exactly as I ordered it and was pretty darn good! They have a small bar area for folks that just want to hang out there. TV's all around so you can keep up on the game and I liked that the volume was not too loud so you could still have conversation. I checked out various dishes as they went by and everything looked good. I walk away feeling rather neutral about this place though - it was good so wouldn't mind coming again to sample other items, but not so good that I'd make a big effort to make that happen soon.

• Visited May 2013