“Comfy beds but thin walls”

Kitchener Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Reviewed February 4, 2008

The Hampton Inn is very convenient to the highway and many of the attractions in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area. My boyfriend and I stayed there after his company Christmas party. The beds were very comfortable with lofty pillows and high quality duvets. Not much can be said about the view, but the windows were big and let light in. The room was excellently presented for a corporate traveller, with a roomy desk and even a padded lap table for your laptop. The free internet was a great bonus. The bathroom was average sized but very nicely appointed, with furniture-style sinks and lots of towels.

The real downside of the hotel is that the walls were very thin, and with our room being right next to the elevators, we were awoken throughout the night by late arrivals of other guests using them. Look out for the --01 rooms. We could also hear (his co-workers) quite easily in rooms across the hall.

We slept in past the time when the "free" breakfast bar was available in the lobby, but were told it met expectations.

The little placards placed about the room to tell you what everything was ("Hampton Pillow: Soft vs. Hampton Pillow:FIrm") was amusing and sure to put a little smile on your face.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank reliena
NatashaJanjevic, Director of Sales at Kitchener Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2008

Greetings Reliena,

I am sorry to hear the noise from our Elevators kept you up at night. I have taken your comment to our Chief Engineer to discuss with our Elevator Servicing Company.

Also, I am not sure if you were aware but all our windows have Blackout Drapes to block out ALL the light from the sun that comes in.....for those of us (me especially at times) that like to sleep in. : )

I would love to speak to you to possibly discuss if there is any way to offer you something to ensure that our 100% Guest Satisfaction is met.

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel by phone toll free: 1-877-600-6090 or email: natasha.janjevic@hilton.com at any time.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed January 27, 2008

My husband, daugther and I were on a stopover heading towards London and the weather was brutal, finally when the car in front of us spun out my husband decided that we should get off the highway immediatley wait until the next morning to make it back to Windsor and pulled off, we ended up at the Hampton by chance and we were very impressed. Thre front desk staff made sure that we had everything we would need for the next morning including toothbrush, toothpaste and combs, the hotel itself was very nice, clean and the room was an alright size (would have been nice to be a little bigger) The best part of the stay was the breakfast by far, having breakfast included is nice enough but they had waffles and bacon as well and then in the morning we made our way home safe and sound but the stopover was definitley the best one that i have ever done

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank banvi44

Hello banvi44 ,

I wanted to thank you personally for your positive comments from your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our hard work to provide 100% Guest Satisfaction is being noticed by our guests. I am always happy to hear that you're taking advantage of our complimentary items offered to all our guests. I know that with un-expected stays such as your where didn't think your were going to be staying overnight, you could not pack all your essentials. No problem...the Hampton has you covered. All Hampton’s provide upon request complimentary: Tooth Brush, Tooth Paste, Shower Cap, Shaving Cream, Razors, and combs. Our Hotel also offers complimentary deodorants (men’s & women’s), and mending kits as a special value added feature. These are the little things that make Hampton’s soo special. We hope to see you again soon.

If there is anything that you need please feel free to contact me at the hotel by phone toll free: 1-877-600-6090 or email: natasha.janjevic@hilton.com

Reviewed January 19, 2008

me and my husband decided to have a little get away and we decided to stay at the hamptons in kitchener anyways it was awesome when it came to the front staff to housekeeping it was just the best i mean anything you want you name it you've got it and if the hotel doesn't have it they will go out of their way to make you happy i mean it was so worth the price, & i mean talk about clean rooms the most comfortable beds really this place does not feel like a hotel it feels like home really if you want a getaway and want to feel appreciated for your bussiness i so recommend this place you wil not regret it.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chata01

Hello Chata01,

Hampton’s Room Furniture, Bedding, and Accessories are so popular that they have created a web site where our guests can purchase them online. Please feel free to visit their web site at www.hamptonhomecollection.com should you be interested at purchasing some of our in room items Hampton's have become so infamous for.

Reviewed September 8, 2007

I called the hotel 2 days before arrival to book a 2nd night & was told there were "teams" staying, but they would put us on another floor. Some of the "players" were drinking beer in the pool area, out of glass bottles. Apparently this is okay with the hotel staff. Some of the "teams" were across the hall from us & partied with the doors open. Just before midnight I called the desk to ask them to have the "party" quiet down. The desk seemed rather unconcerns that some of their other guests couldn't sleep. Oh yeah and the elevator mechanics can be heard trhoughout the rooms that are away from the elevator. The buffet breakfast was good on the first morning. The next morning, we went down shortly after 8:30 a.m. There was no food left, except for a few english muffins and a couple of containers of yogourt. But no plates or utensils. A lot of people were very upset. So before checking out, we thought the children could have one last swim. OOOPS, the pool was out of service until 3 p.m. the next day...hmm maybe it was a broken bottle? But there was no explanation from the staff.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank PattiPortPerry

Hello PattiPortPerry,

I am very disappointed to hear about your weekend experience here at our Hotel. Hampton Hotels have a 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee or we don’t expect you to pay! I would be happy to do a little further investigation to find out who you may have been speaking with that didn't not provide you with the best of service that our Hotel is known for.

In the meantime, I have addressed your concerns with Department Heads to have your concerns reviewed with all our staff. Since your visit we have hired a Security company to control the noise, and also to make everyone’s experience better and safe. Also, I have spoke to my Maintenance Chief Engineer to have the Elevators re-serviced to minimize the noise you may have heard in your guestroom.

Alcohol in any of our public areas is not permitted by law. This is why I will be investigating this further to find out who it was you were speaking to when trying to get this resolved.

Due to your comments about Breakfast we have had the Host replaced. You are 100% correct that items should be replenished at all times. We have trained our new Hostess with your experience as a bad example of how our guest should not walk away un-satisfied.

I wanted to invite you to contact me so that we reimburse your money due to your unsatisfactory stay. Please feel free to contact me via email at natasha.janjevic@hilton.com or phone toll free 1-877-600-6090.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed January 20, 2007

We were part of a hockey team traveling for a tournament and enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn very much. The hotel opened within the past year, and is both beautiful and clean. The pool area is a bit small, but well-maintained. The complimentary breakfast had plenty of options and was well-staffed. The hotel staff was courteous and friendly throughout our stay. Our group had a lot of kids in tow and we had no problems whatsoever.

• Stayed: January 2007
3  Thank hockeymompittsfordny

Hello,

I wanted to thank you personally for your positive comments from your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our hard work to provide 100% Guest Satisfaction is being noticed by our guests. We have recently expanded our Complementary Hot Breakfast Buffet to include a variety of over 40 items! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2006

Buyer beware!!! This hotel did have comfortable beds, but if you are not at all concerned about service, this hotel is for you. We travel all over the world and this rates at the bottom of the barrel.
We happened to be in Kitchener for a hockey tournament and encountered a negative staff from the minute we arrived. When trying to rectify many hotel blunders, we found that no one was interested in talking about it....all the way up to the corporate offices! Please, stay ANYWHERE else. You will be much happier!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank dldmo1995
NatashaJanjevic, Director of Sales at Kitchener Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2008

Hello There,

I wanted to apologize for the service you received during your stay with us here in October. I would love if you have a moment to discuss how we could've improved on our service, Feel free to contact me at natasha.janjevic@hilton.com or by phone 1-877-600-6090 Ext:) 5003

Here at the Hampton we value our Customers Comments and look to providing 100% guest satisfation.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed August 1, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the property in June, 2006 for 2 nights. We were very pleased with the hotel. It is brand new, just opened in April/06. Overall the rooms were great. The bed was AWESOME. Very, very comfortable! Room was tastfully decorated. We really liked the HUGE shower, although we had commented to each other, that it needed shelves in there. No place to put shampoo bottles etc.
Breakfast in the morning was adequate. Everything you would need to get you going in the morning. The pool/ exercise area was quite nice, although it was too open to the common area for my liking. They also had a small internet room, which we used, and were very pleased.
All the staff seemed very friendly and happy to be working. We did not meet anyone that was negative.
Location was great, right across the street from MooseWonooskis', and the Keg!
I am a travel agent, that has visited many, many hotels over my time, and I feel that, the Hampton Inn was a pleasure to stay at, and would definitley go back!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank YZR_TA_CWT

Hello There,

I wanted to thank you for your positive comments listed on Trip Advisor. We work very hard at the hotel to ensure the best in Guest Satisfaction. We have recently been voted the best Hampton in Canada 2007! It was very nice to hear that our hard work has shown to our guests. I would love to have you stay with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me personally for any reason at 1-877-600-6090 Ext:)5003 or via email natasha.janjevic@hilton.com.

In regards to the open space for the pool and fitness area we are getting a company to come place a fogged glass look so your experience in the future is more private.

Look forward to having you stay with us again soon,

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Radisson Hotel Kitchener
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
Holiday Inn Kitchener
#6 of 14 in Kitchener
The Walper Hotel
#3 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Kitchener Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!