“We'll be back!”

Kitchener Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Kitchener to attend the Blues Festival. We were very happy that we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites. The hotel is on the outskirts of the city, but it only took twenty minutes to get downtown. The hotel was very clean. We had a King Studio. The bed and bedding were extremely comfortable. The bathroom was not overly large, but the shower was hot and had great water pressure. Our room had a sofa (actually a sofa bed), coffee table, arm chair, desk and desk chair, microwave, sink and bar fridge. If you want to heat up some food, make sure you bring utensils and plates because there weren't any in the room. We had breakfast in the hotel each morning which was included in the rate. It was very good with lots of variety. The coffee was excellent and is available all day. There was a swimming pool and a large exercise room which we didn't use. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. There was never a long wait for an elevator. We will definitely stay at the Hampton Inn next time we are in Kitchener.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SweetD
Palmsway, Sales and Events Manager at Kitchener Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Hi SweetD!!
I would first like to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener for your guestroom accommodations during the Blues Festival. It was a great festival this year, I hope you enjoyed it!!
Secondly, I would like extend our appreciation to you, for sharing your kind and generous compliments. It’s so nice to hear!! I’m glad you enjoyed everything from the bed, to the bedding, the variety at breakfast to even the coffee. Perhaps next time you will be able to take advantage of the salt water pool. It’s lovely, and makes for an even better night’s sleep as the water is so relaxing.
We thank you SweetD for taking the time to write a review. We absolutely would love to have you again next time you are in town.

With Great Appreciation,
Cathy Burke
Sales and Events Manager.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

The checkin was fast and the staff were friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. We stayed 2 nights, after the first night I left a tip for the staff and when we arrived back to the room there was a thank you note. That has never happened to me at any other hotel, it was appreciated. There is high speed wireless internet available free in your rooms, it worked fast and was very convenient and appreciated by my family. The breakfast was great, we didn't really enjoy the eggs/homefries but there was plenty of other choices. We didn't use the pool but it looked ok, small but adequate. There was a fridge and microwave in our room, very convenient. The workout room is also small but quite adequate. When we're back to Kitchener we will be staying here!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DHeather58
Palmsway, Sales and Events Manager at Kitchener Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Hello DHeather 58!!
Thank you for your review and taking time out of your schedule to let us know your thoughts. It’s greatly appreciated. I’m happy to hear that our staff was friendly and showed their gratitude after receiving a token of your kindness.

I’m sorry you didn’t care for the eggs and home fries but glad to hear you were able to enjoy something else being offered. We do offer other hot item choices, so perhaps on another visit you can try something different.

The pool is Salt water so you must try it and again on your next visit. You will love it!! I will also let you know that there are plans of expanding the Fitness room for 2012.

We are delighted to know overall DHeather 58 and your family enjoyed the stay.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming all of you again the next time you are in Kitchener!!

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We were very happy with our one night stay here. Front desk and staff very friendly and welcoming, clean rooms, good pool and small but useful fitness center. Coffee, tea, juice, snacks available 24/7, plus hors d'oeuvres before dinner and very satisfying breakfast. Fridge and microwave in room. Very comfy beds. No complaints whatsoever!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ddkphotos

Dear ddkphotos
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. We are so glad to know you enjoyed your stay, and that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary extras we provide.
I’m happy to let you know that plans are in the works to expand our Fitness room for 2012. We are excited about that!!
We would look forward to welcoming you ddkphotos and your family anytime should you be in the Kitchener area down the road. Thank you again for your kind words!!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Oh My I cant belive this hotel everything was amazing!! I loved every minute of my stay!!
The saltwater pool put a smile on my face each night the desk clerk had a smile!! The breakfask was amazing!! Thank you for such a lovely stay!! I apreciate everything!!!!!!!
This hotel is truly a clean friendly place!!! A home away from home!!!
Thank you Hampton Inn!!
A real 7 star hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank marshmellow123
Palmsway, Sales and Events Manager at Kitchener Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Hello Marshmellow123,
Well, we are all smiling now from ear to ear Marshmellow 123!!! Thank you so very much for such an exciting review!!
We are more than thrilled to hear you felt it was a ‘home away from home’.
That is exactly what we strive for and always want our guests to feel. I’m so glad between the hotel staff and the amenities we were able to create that atmosphere for you.
Please always consider the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener your NEW home away from home!! We will look forward to welcoming you back!!!

With Heartfelt Thanks Again,

Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel goes above and beyond to ensure their guests are experiencing the Hampton quality!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SunlovingJoAnne

Hello SunlovingJoAnne,
Thank you for such a kind review.
I'm delighted your stay second time around was more enjoyable and less noisy than your initial stay. I’m glad we could make that happen for you!!
I appreciate greatly the time you took to write another review.
Should you need accommodations down the road again, please feel free to contact me.

Always Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2011

We booked this hotel over the internet for $99 (Canadian). This includes a hot but not buffet breakfast (eggs, sausages, waffles, etc.) and free internet. The hotel is very well maintained from the lobby to the small but nice pool to the hallways.

The entire hotel has a very welcoming and homey feel. The front desk was exceptionally helpful and courteous as were the staff we encountered in the hallways and during breakfast.

We could have paid a lot more to go to a 4 or 5 star hotel, but this (2 and a half star!!) hotel has everything a 5 star would have offered two adults and two young kids. No wonder it is listed on Trip Advisor as the number 1 hotel of all hotels in Kitchener.

It is a two to three minute walk to the Tim Horton's, McDonald's, Kelseys and has an outlet mall across the street. It is a 20 minute drive to downtown Kitchener and 5 minutes from the 401.

Would definately stay here...very, very nice!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank zparyani
Palmsway, Sales and Events Manager at Kitchener Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2011

Good Day Zparyani,
What a wonderful review to read today. Thank you Zparyani for your compliments and feedback.
It’s so nice to hear you were able to take advantage of some of our complimentary amenities such as the full hot breakfast and the internet. Hope you got a chance to try the salt water pool 
I’m delighted you felt the hotel had a “ welcoming and homey feel”. Whether it’s one night or 14 nights we do strive to make our guests feel like this is “their” home. So I’m happy to hear we were able to make that happen for you and your family.
Thank you again for your kind words, and we would love to have you back again anytime!!!
Warm Regards

Reviewed June 17, 2011

I took down my review of the Hampton that I posted earlier this week. We had stayed just one night at this Hampton Inn last week. Like all Hamptons, the lobby, halls, and rooms are very new and nicely decorated. The hotel is quiet despite being close to the highway. Overall my review had been very positive except that I had found a prior guest's aspirin on my bathroom counter which concerned me about the cleanliness. Otherwise, my room looked really clean. The manager saw my review and was very upset that the bathroom had not been spotless. He contacted me and is sending me a free night stay. I have written reviews like this before and this is the first time that any hotel chain has made such an effort to make sure that I am a satisfied guest. Every time I travel for business, this chain is my top choice. Free wifi, consistent good service, consistent interiors, and comfortable beds - what more do I need? Thank you Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank chicagotravelgirl
Palmsway, Sales and Events Manager at Kitchener Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Good Morning Chicagotravelgirl,
Thank you so much for your comments on Trip Advisor.Your opinions and comments are of great importance to us. Whether they are positive or negative we like to use them as a learning tool to better serve the needs of future guests. We also believe in rectifying an issue if we can as quickly as possible. After all, "you're important to us!".
On behlaf of Tom Stangl General Manager and myself, we are delighted that you took a few more extra moments to write another review. We appreciate how valuable your time is.
We are also happy to know that your loyalty will continue with the Hampton Brand.
We have more than personality here at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener. We have "Hamptonality!!". We are thrilled you got to experience.

Thanks Again Chicagotravelgirl!!!
Kind Regards
Cathy Burke

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Radisson Hotel Kitchener
#1 of 14 in Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
Holiday Inn Kitchener
#6 of 14 in Kitchener
The Walper Hotel
#3 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Kitchener Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!