“Excellent meals”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Waterloo
“Excellent meals”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great place to eat and entertainment at the same time. A must if you have an appreciation for fine dining at a reasonable price.

• Visited April 2013
MervSchwantz, Owner at Entertaining Elements, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Don thanks for the very kind review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you soon.
Merv Schwantz

“A must experience!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of attending dinner with a chef at entertaining elements and it was a fantastic meal and experience. Dinner was made right in front of us, the company was great and the service and food were top notch! Will attend again and again with family and friends and highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great night out!

• Visited October 2013
MervSchwantz, Owner at Entertaining Elements, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Stephanie thanks for the very kind review. I remember your group and everyone certainly enjoyed themselves. Chef D prepared a great meal (the arctic Char was outstanding) and everyone shared many stories about food and friendship. I hope to see you back soon.
Thanks again
“Knife Skills + Dinner”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Entertaining Elements is amazing! We had stopped in a couple months back to check it out and was blown away by the customer service - I'm Celiac and the bistro was so kind to let me try one of their GF buns ( which is the best bun I've ever had) and gave me a bag of chick pea pasta to take home try! Last night we did the knife skills lesson and again, so warm and welcoming, amazing and knowledgeable staff and delicious food. We're hoping to make it back for dinner with the chef as soon as we can! Thanks again for such a great night everyone!

Visited October 2013
Jenna thanks for taking part in our knife skills class and then taking the time to write this very kind review. Our staff takes great pride in the food they prepare and how it is presented and that includes plating presentation and then served.
Our knife classes are always fun because for us the see a very quick progression in our guests from not understanding how to use a knife properly to being able to slice and dice through every vegetable they might use in preparing a meal at home.
In the Kitchener Waterloo region we are blessed with some of the best seasonal produce available anywhere. Our farmers take great pride in what they grow and then sell through great farmers markets.
Thanks again
Kitchener
“I'll be definitely back!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I gulped when I was told the price of the raspberry, white chocolate and almond scone (it was a good size piece that I saved about half for the next day) and a medium coffee. $5.93. I didn’t say anything, handed my money. Oh well, I don’t do this often.
I have to say the scone was excellent, one of the best I’ve ever tasted. In fact, the girl behind the counter says she makes everything homemade. I was given a chance to taste a small bowl of the potato soup. Normally it’s not something I would order in any restaurant (but then I don’t order soups in restaurants because they make them too salty) BUT this was absolutely delicious. The potatoes are pureed. She said she sautéed some onions and in the soup were small bacon bits and lots of it!
They also sell a variety of sandwiches such as Italian, Grill cheese, Moroccan egg salad wrap and more with prices starting at $5.50. They also feature a sandwich of the day and today a cookie came with a sandwich for $5.00.
A couple of weeks prior, I came here and had a cup of coffee and sat outside on one of the colourful chairs and tables enjoying the last bit of warm weather.
There is also cooking with the chef in another room. You can book up to 14 people with a price tag of $35-$75 each (depending on the number of courses).
The other half of the building features kitchen wares such as cookware, gadgets, tableware and more to purchase. The owner told me these are of good quality that will last a long time. They looked like good quality to me.
I definitely will return here and try one of their sandwiches, salads and soups for sure.

• Visited October 2013
MervSchwantz, Owner at Entertaining Elements, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
It was a pleasure to meet you when you were in the store. It was kind of you to take the time to put in a tripadvisor review. We all take great pride in the food we offer as well as the products we sell in the retail side of our location. Thanks again for coming in and we look forward to seeing you in Entertaining Elements in the near future.
Brantford, Canada
“Amazing Soups”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have tried the butternut squash soup and the red pepper soups here. Being a vegetarian, it is difficult to find soups that have no animal soup bases. EE makes a great vegetarian soup and I have never tried anything here that I did not really enjoy. Stop by and taste the EE difference, you won't be sorry!

• Visited October 2013
MervSchwantz, Owner at Entertaining Elements, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Erinia our soups are made fresh in our kitchen. This time of year we can comfortably say that most of our ingredients are local. I personally shop our local Kitchener market each Saturday to find what our chefs need for the week. Thanks for your kind comments.
Hope to see you back in Bistro Nash soon.
Merv Schwantz