“In. Love.”

Description: Just opened I even have a photo of it with the 'Now Open' banner
Kitchener, Canada
“In. Love.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Amazing. I went twice in a week. My first trip we sat in the dining room as the Tappenyaki section was full. I had the Popcorn Shrimp for an app and the beef Bulgogi for the main. Both were delicious. The beef was tender and flavoured perfectly. The presentation was gorgeous and portions were large. I also had dessert-chocolate tempura ice cream and chocolate spring rolls. I would suggest sharing this, as its a bit rich, but delicious. Again, presentation was beautiful.

The second trip we lucked out for Tappenyaki. It was such a experience! Our chef was like watching a busker who was also cooking you a phenomenal meal. We enjoyed the two-meat option, each of us having steak and shrimp. Everything is cooked right there in front of you, with lots of tricks and fun involved (and fire!) There was a surprising number of shrimp for each of us and the steak was melt-in-your-mouth. We were far too full at the end of the meal (which includes salad, miso soup and rice) to even think about dessert.

It's a must-try. I'm already trying to find a chance to go again. It really is a hidden gem.

2 Thank Jaime B

Waterloo, Canada
“Best sushi by far!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Having been introduced to Dake by a friend last summer, I've become a huge fan of this place. The sushi is scrumptious, the service wonderful, and the little extras like the gorgeous teacups for ginger tea put a big smile on my face every time. No more all you can eat for me, I'll go out of my way for Dake anytime!

2 Thank AliMClarke
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing....Just amazing”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went with my parents and brothers for a belated holiday dinner and was beyond impressed.
We had the head chef as our cook and were the most happy about it, he was as much a chef as he was a showman.

They were very accommodating to the allergies at the table which can sometimes be troublesome at Fusion restaurants.

My only less than stellar comment would be that drinks did take a fairly long time to come to the table.

Other then that, fantastic.

Would recommend for business or pleasure.
Be sure to make reservations

1 Thank quinnfynn
Kitchener
“Best in Town (12.5 years here)”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have tried every sushi joint in KW and this is both excellent value and excellent sushi/sashimi. Haven't done the Teppanyaki yet but seriously -- you will not be disappointed if you are seeking the best one can get other than going to ocean cities directly. Try their hand rolls as a nice way to finish off.

3 Thank KitchenerTrevor
Ayr, Canada
“Try the Teppanyaki”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have never tried Teppanyaki so I have nothing to compare it to, but wow, was it ever fun. And the food was good too!

The Teppanyaki chef grills the food right in front of you (so you can see all the fresh ingredients) but it's much more than that. It's a show! It's a culinary spectacle! It's fun! It's educational (I picked up a couple of cooking ideas watching the chef).

This is a large restaurant and they offer more than Teppanyaki but we were so impressed we're going back in less than a week. And we're taking two friends with us. That's about as high a recommendation as I can give.

We were there on Sunday at noon and had the place to ourselves. We didn't even make a reservation. But, because the Teppanyaki area is small, a reservation is a good idea.

2 Thank kanadai