“Real Salvadoran cuisine in Kitchener”

Guanaquita Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 555 Restaurants in Kitchener
Cuisines: Salvadoran, Central American
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Experienced a traditional Pollo Burrito Platter at the Guanaquito with refried beans and rice with salad (with fresh lime juice instead of dressing) accompanied with homemade picante salsa. Everything was fresh and well prepared with generous portions for $10.95. The decorum is simple but it conveys a homey ambiance (fresh cut roses on the tables) and smiles with genuine warmth of the staff made my experience exquisite. I'll be returning soon to try other gastronomic choices, with the pricing I can return often.

1  Thank CalvinofCroft

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've been here twice and had good experiences both times. The interior is nothing fancy, a few booths, some cheap tables and a nice little balcony with a few tables. The food is presented like a home cooked meal, again, not fancy but good. The menu is unique in the Kitchener area, an area sorely lacking in South American food. I had the steak lunch burrito and it was very tasty and a perfect portion not too big like the ones at Holy Guacamole. We had pinwheels for appetizers and they were good too. They have a liquor licence and they have couple of Mexican beers and Alexander Keith's. I'll definitely go back in the summer for some good food and people watching on the balcony.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

One of my best friends when I was young was from El Salvador, and eating here took me right back to Sunday mornings in his mother's bright orange kitchen eating her delicious cooking. The prices are fair, the service is great, the atmosphere is comfortable and the food is delicious. What more do you need?
I will definitely be a repeat customer.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We read a review in the U of W Imprint newspaper and decided to make a visit. I enjoyed my Pollo Sopa and Pupusas and my wife enjoyed her Chicken Burrito platter. Our server was very friendly and verified if my wife wanted Salvadoran style hot chocolate or normal hot chocolate and she loved the Salvadoran hot chocolate. We will definitely go back.

1  Thank drhaller
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I have been to the Guanaquita Restaurant a few times but they added a new dinner menu that we wanted to try. We both chose the chicken fajitas and they were excellent.... sizzling at the table and very tasty and $14.99 is good value. Their three milk cake and Mexican Nachos are also very good. We sat on the balcony, which is cosy, not large while enjoying our smoothies. They also serve liquor.
The unique thing is that on Tuesday nights they play Latin music, usually with a DJ and a salsa lesson at 8:00, and we danced Salsa, Bachata and Merengue until 11:00pm. This is a great spot in downtown Kitchener for couples, or singles for the dance, We have become regulars:)

1  Thank Bachatadave