“Warm smiles & fantastic food”

Guanaquita Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 535 Restaurants in Kitchener
Cuisines: Latin, Salvadoran, Spanish, South American, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kitchener, Canada
“Warm smiles & fantastic food”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

One of my best friends when I was young was from El Salvador, and eating here took me right back to Sunday mornings in his mother's bright orange kitchen eating her delicious cooking. The prices are fair, the service is great, the atmosphere is comfortable and the food is delicious. What more do you need?
I will definitely be a repeat customer.

• Visited November 2012

Stratford, Canada
“Excellent Salvadoran food (and service)”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We read a review in the U of W Imprint newspaper and decided to make a visit. I enjoyed my Pollo Sopa and Pupusas and my wife enjoyed her Chicken Burrito platter. Our server was very friendly and verified if my wife wanted Salvadoran style hot chocolate or normal hot chocolate and she loved the Salvadoran hot chocolate. We will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank drhaller
Kitchener, Canada
“Great food, atmosphere and dancing.”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I have been to the Guanaquita Restaurant a few times but they added a new dinner menu that we wanted to try. We both chose the chicken fajitas and they were excellent.... sizzling at the table and very tasty and $14.99 is good value. Their three milk cake and Mexican Nachos are also very good. We sat on the balcony, which is cosy, not large while enjoying our smoothies. They also serve liquor.
The unique thing is that on Tuesday nights they play Latin music, usually with a DJ and a salsa lesson at 8:00, and we danced Salsa, Bachata and Merengue until 11:00pm. This is a great spot in downtown Kitchener for couples, or singles for the dance, We have become regulars:)

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Bachatadave
Ayr, Canada
“Good Salvadoran cuisine in downtown Kitchener.”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were at the Kitchener Blues Festival and decided to try the Guanaquita Restaurant instead of the various street foods that was available.

I only had Salvadoran food once -- a pupusa -- so I was eager to try this restaurant.

This restaurant is on the second level but in good weather you can get a table on the balcony overlooking King Street. We did just that and it made the dining experience that much more pleasant.

We had a beer and a Beef Fajita and while that's not really a Salvadoran dish, it tasted very good. The beef was juicy and tender and the vegetables were fresh. The salsa and the jalapeño peppers weren't as hot as I expected (or would have liked) but I don't know how Salvadorans like it. In any case, they were fine.

The service was friendly and prompt. The food took a bit of time but this is not a fast food joint and so much the better because it isn't. We'll be back to try some other items on the menu.

• Visited August 2012