“Great Family Deal”
Review of Aunty B's Place - CLOSED

Aunty B's Place
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Discovered on tripadvisor - can't say how many times that we drove right past the place without knowing what a great little neighbourhood diner it is.

Had a craving for fish and chips on a Friday night so I went online to explore. When I went in to order takeout, the waitress was kind enough to point out the Family Meal. Great deal fed my family of four and Grandma. Yummy fish, lots of fries and creamy coleslaw. Couldn't ask for better.

1  Thank RKGKitchener

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had a hunger for fish and chips, so using the internet I found Aunty B's Place close to home and work, so I thought we'd drop by! We started off with two orders of Battered Mushrooms (excellent), then we ordered the two piece cod, and fries. The cod was excellent, but the fries (not to be called Chips) weren't the best! We had two beer, my daughter also had an Earl Grey Tea, and we finished off the meal with two pieces of super Strawberry Cheesecake! The restaurant is clean, the staff are very friendly. The washrooms are in great condition, well maintained! On speaking to the Manager / Owner regarding the fries, she stated that she was looking into changing this, I was not the first person to mention the fries. Once that is done I will definetly give this restaurant a five star rating, and YES, I'll be returning!

4  Thank citypins
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We love this place. Best fish and chips in Kitchener Waterloo, in our opinion.
It is a little "hole in the wall " place, which is as everyone knows, the best place to get the best food.
Good food, good service, good price and great people.
Give it a try.

5  Thank Spriglet
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We all loved are meal at this great establishment.Fresh homemade fires and excellent battered fish.Very nice staff and excellent owners that take great pride in running their restaurant and it shows.Good menu with a great variety to chose from at reasonable prices.If you want good food and a ice cold beer this is the place to go when in Kitchener.We will definitely be back when in area and a highly recommend this great establishment.

5  Thank schken
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We visited this restaurant for the first time as the result of a Groupon deal. It certainly won't be the last. The fish is lightly battered and oh so moist. The fries are real handcut. And the coleslaw was just the way we like it. We ordered our dinner as take-out and service was pleasant and on time. The restaurant was busy when I picked up. (always a good sign). I would vote this the best fish and chips in KW (and I've tried most)

10  Thank MumaPhipps