“Not maintained, not clean, not worth it” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bingemans Camping Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kitchener
Bingemans Camping Resort
“Not maintained, not clean, not worth it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The washroom are dirty, cleaned once in a while (someone puked in there and although the staff was told it stayed like that for over 12 hours). The pool, the golf and play area looks like they have not been maintained for years with grass growing all over. A place with good potential but the price is high with them trying to spare any expenses, not recommended.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Cmonp

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kitchener
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I decided last minute to go Camping on the May long weekend. We had heard about "Glamping" @ Bingemans. We stayed in the larger unit which was very spacious, two queen size beds with sheets/pillows. The unit was well furnished and contained a refriderator. The unit was located facing the Grand River with the firepit on the banks. The view was spectacular and since we faced the river, very private. The unit was a very short distance to the bathrooms which were very clean! We will most definitely be visiting again.

Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have been coming to Bingemans for years and everytime its better and better, with more & more to do! I was here on the long weekend in a yurt & was impressed with how clean everything was (bathrooms & showers included)! The manager (Gary?) was informative and polite when making 'his rounds' through the park. Just to show you how accomodating the Camping Resort is:
-At one point I sent my husband to find out what was happening in the park since the BiG SPLASH wasnt open, and (ADAM?) behind the counter took the kids out to the putting green to have a 'putt-off'. Awesome!
-There was a group of campers that had 3 or 4 sites in a row, down by the river. They were drunk and somewhat disorderly, & a neigbouring camper was complaining and literally blowing a gasket in the office. We could hear them from the yurts, but they were not obscene (their music was though until 3-4am). I don't know how the supervisor (Kim?) did it, but the camper went from swearing & wanting a full refund to thanking her & apologizing by the time he left the office! Other people waiting to check in actually gave her a round of applause! I saw her down at the sites in question later on, and that night their music didnt disturb us at all. In the morning, she actually followed up with the angry gentleman to see how the night went. If you had (or have) any issues while staying at the resort, I know she (or any of the staff for that matter) would do whatever they could within reason to remedy it.
If you have a problem at Bingemans, chances are its another guest, not the staff or facilities themselves, which is fixable by the great team they have!

2 Thank Nancy J
ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Having a great long weekend! the park is lovely and clean. played some minigolf and went for a walk along the grand river trail. have already made plans to come back next month when the waterpark is open...the kids can't wait! might even upgrade to a yurt , they look pretty cool:)

1 Thank Jenna W
Beamsville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed over a long weekend last summer and enjoyed ourselves. We found the staff friendly and helpful. Thanks washrooms were quite satisfactory although a little tired and in need of a coat of paint. Our disgusting experience was with other campers and they way they treated and left the facilities.

All in all we enjoyed our stay and will return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This campground is fantastic if you are camping with a young family. There are lots of activities to do at Bingemans - we camped there for three days and did the waterpark and FunworX (their indoor playground). We have a 19 ft. trailer with a slideout and we booked a full hookup site. Site was fine, was big enough for our trailer and seemed well maintained. The few times that I walked into their bathroom it looked clean. I’d stay here again, especially in the summer when the waterpark is open.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank skettyroad
Burlington, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

My family booked 3 sites in the month of July 2012. Every year we try to go somewhere new and book a weekend camping trip. So we all have some experience with camping. All of us were very disappointed in the service and conditions at Bingemans. I emailed customer service with my list of complaints and they never even apologized. I got one response asking me to contact them and the number was long distance! So on top of everything they expected me to pay long distance charges. Here are some of the issues:

1.) I spent quite a bit of time with a girl in the booking dept to make sure we got sites that everyone would be happy with. We had a lot of kids in our group so I asked for something away from the road and shaded. Well we get there and it's was the total opposite!

2.) I was also told that our lot was a 5 minute walk from the water park and front desk. It was actually a 15 minute walk and up a hill! This was impossible when you have young kids with you and stuff to carry back and forth. We ended up having to get in our car and drive to these places because the walk was too long.

3.) The men complained that the stalls in the men’s washroom were filthy. Someone has smeared excrement on the walls of the stall and it was there from Friday night till we left on Monday. IT WAS NEVER CLEANED!

4.) We had an incident where a golf ball came flying down from the golf course and hit my nephew in the shoulder. We were sitting at our picnic benchs on our lots having lunch! We were never given any warning that our lots were at the bottom of the golf course. Secondly why would you have lots placed here without any sort of netting or fence to prevent the balls from hitting the campers? Worst of all, was the way the incident was just brushed off.

Not enough washrooms around the site. Not enough security, especially at night time. There was a fire ban and even though we obeyed it, other campers didn't. Some had these huge fires going. Campers behind us had music BLASTING and no one ever came to tell them to turn it down.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. Especially because of the way my concerns were never addressed. Horrible customer service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank PurpleStar_12
Bingemans Campi... R, Manager at Bingemans Camping Resort, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
It is unfortunate that you had such a terrible experience. I only wish that I had had the opportunity to talk with you while you were in the park.

I would like to discuss your stay with you further if you would like to contact me at our toll free number 1-800-565-4631.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope that I have the opportunity to talk with you soon.

Regards,