“Lots of activities to do”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kitchener
Bingemans Camping Resort
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This campground is fantastic if you are camping with a young family. There are lots of activities to do at Bingemans - we camped there for three days and did the waterpark and FunworX (their indoor playground). We have a 19 ft. trailer with a slideout and we booked a full hookup site. Site was fine, was big enough for our trailer and seemed well maintained. The few times that I walked into their bathroom it looked clean. I’d stay here again, especially in the summer when the waterpark is open.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank skettyroad

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My family booked 3 sites in the month of July 2012. Every year we try to go somewhere new and book a weekend camping trip. So we all have some experience with camping. All of us were very disappointed in the service and conditions at Bingemans. I emailed customer service with my list of complaints and they never even apologized. I got one response asking me to contact them and the number was long distance! So on top of everything they expected me to pay long distance charges. Here are some of the issues:

1.) I spent quite a bit of time with a girl in the booking dept to make sure we got sites that everyone would be happy with. We had a lot of kids in our group so I asked for something away from the road and shaded. Well we get there and it's was the total opposite!

2.) I was also told that our lot was a 5 minute walk from the water park and front desk. It was actually a 15 minute walk and up a hill! This was impossible when you have young kids with you and stuff to carry back and forth. We ended up having to get in our car and drive to these places because the walk was too long.

3.) The men complained that the stalls in the men’s washroom were filthy. Someone has smeared excrement on the walls of the stall and it was there from Friday night till we left on Monday. IT WAS NEVER CLEANED!

4.) We had an incident where a golf ball came flying down from the golf course and hit my nephew in the shoulder. We were sitting at our picnic benchs on our lots having lunch! We were never given any warning that our lots were at the bottom of the golf course. Secondly why would you have lots placed here without any sort of netting or fence to prevent the balls from hitting the campers? Worst of all, was the way the incident was just brushed off.

Not enough washrooms around the site. Not enough security, especially at night time. There was a fire ban and even though we obeyed it, other campers didn't. Some had these huge fires going. Campers behind us had music BLASTING and no one ever came to tell them to turn it down.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. Especially because of the way my concerns were never addressed. Horrible customer service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank PurpleStar_12
Bingemans Campi... R, Manager at Bingemans Camping Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

It is unfortunate that you had such a terrible experience. I only wish that I had had the opportunity to talk with you while you were in the park.

I would like to discuss your stay with you further if you would like to contact me at our toll free number 1-800-565-4631.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope that I have the opportunity to talk with you soon.

Regards,
Gary Moore
Camping Resort Manager

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a great place for family and friends. We are a family that always travel with teens, they always have a great time here. We ususally stay the long weekends in the Bingemans camp ground therefore it becomes very handy for the teens to walk there right from inside the campground. I also recommend the teens or anyone purchasing the weekend pass to the water park, better savings this way.

1  Thank 3SPOONFED
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Point blank.....our camping experience at Bingeman's was crappy. We have a 29' trailer and camped for 2 nights in July 2012.

This camping "resort" has no security (ANYONE can drive into the camp ground........no security what-so-ever). At 2am someone played a trick on us and unplugged our trailer (and the ones beside us). From that, we became aware of how unsafe Bingeman's campground is, as there is an EXTREME lack of security. We say one man driving around in a Bingeman's truck, and his job was just informing campers about the campfire ban. Once dusk set, he was nowhere to be found.

The washrooms by the office were HORRIFIC! Come on health unit.......shut those bathroom down. We were fortunate enough to have a washroom in the trailer, so we MADE our kids use that.

We really want to get season's passes because the water park is so much fun. Come on Bingeman's.....be responsible and make the renovations you need to make this a safe place!

4  Thank ClaudiainBrantford
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed at the new "Glamping" site. It's described as a private yurt with fridge, 2 queen beds with linens, a chandelier etc. Well to start, it's in a gated section of a trailer park and has no washroom nearby. After walking ten minutes to the trailer washroom we find that it has a keypad lock and is only for use by those that have trailers!. You have to leave the "gated" area, walk through a deserted parking lot, up the road towards registration then through another parking lot to get to the grossest bathroom ever used by humans! The washrooms for the glamping location we're clearly never considered when they built this thing. The yurt itself it situated on a lovely lot next to the river, but it's the same spot that the trailer people use to launch their boats. So while you're sitting around in your promised private site people are carting canoes right past you. We even had to move our chairs out of the way each time they went by! They all stopped to chat too! We're friendly people but this got annoying after a while. I mean how many old men in speedos do i have to meet in one lifetime!
the fridge was the most disgusting smelly thing I have ever opened and there was food from the last campers left in it! The provided linens were dirty and we slept in our sleeping bags on top of the beds. Never even turned back the sheets! The light was nice although covered in spider webs and dust, but there's no window covering so you really couldn't use the light at night without casting a peep show for the boaters walking by. The yurt is also placed too far back. There is loads of space at the front of the site, but at the back where the door and the fire pit is, you have about 6 feet from the giant step before you hit the fire! You really can't move around once you put chairs out. The site comes with 5 plastic chairs (listed as sleeping 6) but 2 chairs were too broken to sit on. Bottome line "Glamping" this is not. Even by regular camping standards the washrooms and park cleanliness are waaaay below decent standards. We've camped all over Ontario at provincial parks and never experienced such filth in washrooms. If you want to go "Glamping" go to Darien Lake. Waterpark pass there is also good for the entire stay. Not this pay for a new pass each day crap at Bingemans. We arrived after 4:00 and still couldn't use the waterpark for even a couple of hours that day because they charge full price!!! We left after one night and will never go back.

9  Thank Kate S
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I generally don't post reviews for places I have stayed but I felt I needed to warn people before they choose this campground for a family vacation. To begin, overall the park is dirty. I understand that litter is caused by people but no attention is given in keeping the park clean. In the campground pool area (ice cold, non heated), which is done nicely with interlock bricks, the ground was littered with cigarette butts, empty water bottles and dead foliage. If they were to take a leaf blower and walk around for 20 minutes per day, it would make a world of difference. The campsites themselves have garbage in the firepits and under the trees. I did see a person/student driving around with a utility vehicle that burned oil like crazy picking some stuff up but it was totally random. The washrooms were horrible. An attempt was made it appears twice per day to mop the floors but the people need a serious lesson in cleaning. The facilities themselves are extremely old and run down.
They claim on their park map that there are 2 playgrounds but what existed was a single slide in one and a toddler slide in the other. No swings or other playground equipment that you would find in a normal park. There isn't anything for the kids to play on but then I guess Bingemans really don't care because they have the waterpark.
The other thing to note is that while the amount of sites is small, the campgroung is extremely spread out. We were camping on what they call the "hill" which is where the registration office is and it would be easily a 10 - 15 minute walk to go to the pool. With 2 small children we ended up driving down to the pool each time we want to use it which is a major pain. You also have to drive to the water park. There are no washrooms at the pool area so you needed to walk across the parking lot to find a one.
Overall the campground was a major disappointment and not at all kid friendly. We will not ever return to this place again. We should have asked for a refund but considering you never see anyone other than students working, we felt it would have been a total waste of time.

Room Tip: There isn't anything good
7  Thank hahahamilton
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This review has been the first thing on my list to do since we have come home from our 8 night stay at Bingemans "resort" lol. I will start off by saying it is definitely not a resort and the only thing that was good, was the water park for the young kids.
Although dangerous in the adult part and there's no stopping young children from going to that area. We were standing in line waiting for a tube and a lady went to lean against the rope fence. she had and flipped right over the rocky embankment and ended up with a concussion and a pretty scrapped up back.took life guards more than 5 minutes to even notice she fell. no where is there signs saying do not lean on ropes. the only signs you see say "please don't drag tubes or mats."
Now back to our first day. When we arrived (we had 2 sites side by side) on one of our sites there were other campers and on the other site it was half taken by a trailer. We had to wait over an hour for the campers to change to their site (which i understand why it happened, the sites are not defined at all!) but the other site with the trailer we were asked if we could just leave them there because they were leaving in two days. management didn't offer us anything like ice or wood. but we knew how inconvenient it would be to move a trailer so we were nice enough to not make them move.
The entire stay there, we were visited by 4-6 skunks every single night. We could not even enjoy our site come dusk because they had no fear of humans what so ever and came right up to us and trashed our dinning tent all night. and ran up and down our heads along our tent all night.They would get so close that my husband was even able to touch one but it hissed at him so he did not try that again.
Because we could not enjoy our site, we would go on nightly walks just for some peace and quiet. the first weekend my brother and his friend were out for a walk and was told by "security" to go back to their campsite because it was after 11pm.
The next day i went to the office to find out why they couldn't be off the campsite and 2 girls had told me that it was fine to be off the campsite, just everyone had to be quiet at 11pm.
Our walks through the week were fine and we wernt bothered but again the following Friday, my husband got stopped on his walk and the "property owner/Gary" told him to return to his site. I was furious by this point. I went in and "Gary" came in as i was bringing it up to the girls and he was so ignorant and rude. He kept saying to me that there is no reason for anyone to be off their site after 11pm and that he will continue to tell us to go back to the site. I said "where in the rules does it say we cant be off our site after 11pm? it only says quiet time" and he replied " its my property and i can say what i want and it says in the rules quiet time after 11pm" i said "yes quiet time, it says but it does not say we cant be off our site after 11 that we just spent $700 for". his response..."do i have to write the specifics? quiet time is quiet time" i said "well yes you do that's what rules are for" then he just kept asking what do i want from him and continuously being so ignorant and rude. you can tell they do not care about their campers at all! just the money!
If you are reserving and looking online at what they have....do not believe it!!!!!!
they say their are playgrounds for children to enjoy on the grounds and all there is ,is a 4 foot slide that's good for a 8 month old.
they say their is a licensed patio on the resort, which i took it as i could order drinks and have a good time.
no its only one type of beer they had which was brava and they charged 6 something for a beer.
They show and say there is a hot tub. well in the 8 days we were there it was opened for 1 hour and the one life guard on duty told me that she was surprised it was even open because it never is.
The bathrooms are the worst i have ever seen in my life, feces rubbed on walls and toilets.
whatever you do, do not look up because i swear there is over 500 spiders above your head.
the floors were flooded 5 out of the 8 days and every morning when they mopped the floor they didn't use soap or a cleaning product once. They just wiped the mop over the already shower water on the floor.
you pay almost $3 for a bag of ice or should i say a half bag of ice and $8 a bag of wood for 6-8 pieces and the type that burns really fast.
The pool is a good 15 minute walk from the yellow section camping and then on your way back you have to walk up a huge hill.
the two days we took my children to the wading pool they shut it down due to chlorine issues and we were told that there was only one maintenance guy for the entire park including the water park so we had to wait until he had time to come down from (the money making area) to fix it. needless to say we left before it got fixed that day.
I could go on and on and i really wish i looked up reviews before going to this place because im seeing so many horrible ones.
to all families if you go here, it will be a waste of you're money and your children and you will suffer because the lack of everything!!!!!!
p.s. i have never in my life seen such a strong police presence in a campground. Kitchner/waterloo police and OPP were seen constantly.

Room Tip: make sure you always look up reviews before booking. i know i will!
9  Thank Chantel Y